Hawaii

Honeymoon--island hopping

We're booked for Maui and Big island but were wondering if we should check out other islands. Any suggestions?

Re: Honeymoon--island hopping

• We rae doing the same :) I guess it just depends what you are in to. Everyone says Kuaui is more for relaxing, and hiking. If thats your thing you should go. Oahu is very city like from what I've heard, but some people love it. I think you picked the best two!
  • How much time do you have booked? If you have never been to Hawaii before, you could easily spend a week on each island and not run out of things to do. We stayed on Maui for two weeks and I was still wishing we had more time. I guess it also depends on how relaxing you want your honeymoon to be. Packing everything up every few days to board another plane and check into a different hotel sounds exhausting to me!
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  •  How long are you in HI for? We did a week per island and that wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't really advise must less time than that per island. 
    Anniversary
  • I agree with Lorena, we got married in Maui and spent a week there then hopped over to Oahu for a week.  I would absolutely spend at least a week in each destination or you will feel like you are running like crazy.  In hindsight we wish we would have stayed on each island a few days longer, but we could only get so much time off of work! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Thanks guys!  We're getting married in Oahu and booked a resort in Maui for a week stay. We probably have 10-14 days total we can spend (haven't set how many days yet) on the honeymoon and we were thinking going to the big island and/or Lanai for 2 days each after our stay in Maui.  I'm hearing that will be too hectic. Should we just stick around in Maui for 10-14 days?

Thanks, again!
  • We are staying 12nights and will visit 3 islands. Wedding on Maui for 6 nights, Oahu 2 nights (shark diving, north shore & Pearl Harbor), and relaxing / enjoying nature on Kuai for 4 nights . This may be the only time we. Get to take such a lavish vacation, so we are knocking a ton off the bucket list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are staying 12nights and will visit 3 islands. Wedding on Maui for 6 nights, Oahu 2 nights (shark diving, north shore & Pearl Harbor), and relaxing / enjoying nature on Kuai for 4 nights . This may be the only time we. Get to take such a lavish vacation, so we are knocking a ton off the bucket list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards