Chit Chat
Options

Ever Gain a New Appreciation for the City you Live in?

Hi Everyone! I'm Hannah, mostly a lurker but occasional poster. I'm getting married in October and can't wait! (quick bio - kind of) I'm from Milwaukee, WI - about an hour north of Chicago for people who don't have a reference of where this is - very easy to skip over.

Anyway, sometimes things happen in my city that just make me laugh, and then exclaim - I love living here! There was a news story today that had just that effect:

Only in Milwaukee would one of our Racing Sausages get stolen, proceed to go on a bar crawl that night, go missing for a couple of days, and then appear randomly, again in a bar. First of all - we have racing sausages. Second - bar crawl. So random, and hilarious!

Keep it classy Milwaukee! lol
image 209 Invited
image 151 Yes
image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

Re: Ever Gain a New Appreciation for the City you Live in?

• Options
    We have giant sausages in Nashville too -- they participate in the break between periods at Preds games.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ever-gain-a-new-appreciation-for-the-city-you-live-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:4bb8ece3-3cb4-400d-8bc7-28d8cea016f6Post:0f4b726b-9833-4e47-ac82-5f2eed364617">Re: Ever Gain a New Appreciation for the City you Live in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have giant sausages in Nashville too -- they participate in the break between periods at Preds games.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I had no idea! I thought we had the lone sausages. lol
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Options
    We have them here in Erie too! They run around during the local baseball games.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I live in NYC where people are always in a hurry, and if you live here you avoid Times Square like the plague.  Every once in a while I find myself there for a random reason, and when I look up and see all the lights and buildings I recognize for a second how many people dream of coming here and it's literally my back yard.  I try to remind myself of that whenever the subway is delayed or I'm stuck in crowds of people on the street!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I left Cincinnati, to go to college in North Carolina. Once, I graduated I decided there is NO WAY I am moving back to Cincinnati. After 5 months on my own in NC, I realized how much I miss Cincinnati. I moved back and every day I think about how much I love my city!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ever-gain-a-new-appreciation-for-the-city-you-live-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4bb8ece3-3cb4-400d-8bc7-28d8cea016f6Post:f88bc786-2da5-4dfa-a075-92648aab44f1">Re: Ever Gain a New Appreciation for the City you Live in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live in NYC where people are always in a hurry, and if you live here you avoid Times Square like the plague.  Every once in a while I find myself there for a random reason, and when I look up and see all the lights and buildings I recognize for a second how many people dream of coming here and it's literally my back yard.  I try to remind myself of that whenever the subway is delayed or I'm stuck in crowds of people on the street!
    Posted by Benny618[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly! The reminders just make it that much better when its crappy. (like feet of snow or crowds of people!)</div>
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Options
    In Response to Re:Ever Gain a New Appreciation for the City you Live in?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever Gain a New Appreciation for the City you Live in?:How do you lose a giant sausage costume? Haha I used to live in Pittsburgh and they always have pierogi races during the Pirates games.Posted by missaxAnytime I have to go to a baseball game, I go just to see who will win the pierogi race. Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

Haha the pierogi race is the best! My FI had never eaten them before I made them. He likes them and all now but doesn't get my addiction! He did get to a game while we visited Pittsburgh tho and got to see the race!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards