Wedding Etiquette Forum

We Get It

How do you feel about a "we get it" thread? It's been awhile, and Thursday confessions were done earlier this week.

I'll start. The WW crossover is lame and whorey vaginas was funny once but no more. WE GET IT.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: We Get It

• We're not biatches, we're just "brutally honest". I get it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • I had one earlier this week and was thinking, "We should do a 'We Get It' post soon" and now I can't remember. Boo.
  • Jess thought of this first. I get it. Tongue out

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I remembered.

Amoro is mad that her sister is pregnant, not does she like general talk of babies. We Get It.

• Alix and Sascha are obsessed with shoes, we get it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • ah, you ladies always make me laugh! Laughing

• Fish bowls/Fish/Anything ALIVE for a centerpiece is a BAD IDEA.  WE GET IT.*

*Well SOME people DON'T get this.
  • Except for me. I'm an ok alive Fish.

Beatles is incapable of being mean in we get it threads...or ever, we get it.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_we-get-it-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d07de6a8-b5f7-4644-b590-6d073fc01b14Post:33fdfe2f-d192-4077-be17-aff62a58a373">Re: We Get It</a>:
    [QUOTE]Except for me. I'm an ok alive Fish. Beatles is incapable of being mean in we get it threads...or ever, we get it.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Damn, I'm doing it wrong. Are these supposed to be mean?

• They CAN be mean. I remember a year and a bit ago one "we get it" that was a bit mean and all of the things people said were directed at actual people, not general statements.
  • Ah, thanks nebb. I got the sense that they're meant to be stated with a sense of "enough already" for things we're sick of hearing or something more playful like mandy indicated. Most of the mean stuff that occurs to me are things that I feel like I'm the only one bothered by.

• I think people stopped being so mean because not everyone does it and it just makes you look like a jerk if youre the only one being mean in a group of people joking around.
  • Anything less than sunsine, rainbows, and glowing vendor reviews are not allowed on my local board. I GET IT.
  • Yeah, I'm not a fan of looking like a jerk. Plus, I like to respond to annoyances as they come along, or discuss them in FFF if someone reminds me of something that irks me.

• Poli, that sounds stifling. I'd hate to set foot in a place where you of all people are not sunny enough for the general population. *shudders*

• Good point, beatles :)

I used to go on there quite a bit, and many of the posters were AMAZING at helping me find vendors (like our reception venue) and such. Most of my favorite posters have left, and the mod just makes me stabby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards