New Jersey

Wedding Program help

Hola!  was seeing what information everyone is putting on their wedding programs.  multiple pages or just one page front and back? did you have the ushers give them out of in a basket on the way in?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Program help

• GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I looked online to see what some of the stationery websites did. I think we are going to do a 1 pager, with the ceremony on the front and the BP On the back along with any other relevant info. I think we are going to print them two to a sheet of paper so they won't be big. And not sure yet how many or who will hand out. I like the idea of doing 75%- I think that was in a post the other day.
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made layered programs.. first page is just a cover page, 2nd page is a list of the bridal party, 3rd page are the details of the cermony and the last page are acknowledgements and a little note from us.
    The coordinator at the church will be handing them out.
    they are similar to these:
    http://www.lcipaper.com/blog/make-a-layered-wedding-program.html
  • rubyfrubyf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a full mass with filipino wedding traditions.  Since FI's family is not filipino and is not familiar with the tradions we printed out a full ceremony program with our readings and traditions explained.  
  • edited December 2011
    We used 8.5x11 and did two columns on the template. We cut them down the middle and made them back to back with a popsicle stick for a fan effect.

We are having the junior ushers (7 & 9) hand them to guest before they take their seats.
  • katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a trifold program on 1 sheet of paper. We printed family members and bridal party and a short thank-you note. Our church printed a separate one with the readings and psalms. I would have loved to combine them, but due to our church policy it wasn't possible. I advise having those somewhere, though.
  • LDamianiLDamiani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@cindy, I actually found that site too...Was it difficult to make the programs? Did you get the paper from that website and cut it like the directions said?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-program-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:12f7776d-c147-4384-8dab-9ad0c3d94a51Post:7b0b9376-ee01-46d2-8508-8749d46dde50">Re: Wedding Program help</a>:
    [QUOTE]@cindy, I actually found that site too...Was it difficult to make the programs? Did you get the paper from that website and cut it like the directions said?
    Posted by LDamiani[/QUOTE]

It was actually very simple. I downloaded the templates from that site, and then played around with the fonts, etc until I liked them.
    I just bought regular card stock and then cut them to the sizes specified, then printed each page. The hardest part is punching the holes evenly, and through all the layers. I definitely suggest getting a really good hole punch.
    I only assembled a test one so far, but when they are completed I will post a pic.
  • LDamianiLDamiani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-program-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:12f7776d-c147-4384-8dab-9ad0c3d94a51Post:95927a2a-fe90-404d-90e5-6d5781350c75">Re: Wedding Program help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Program help : It was actually very simple. I downloaded the templates from that site, and then played around with the fonts, etc until I liked them. I just bought regular card stock and then cut them to the sizes specified, then printed each page. The hardest part is punching the holes evenly, and through all the layers. I definitely suggest getting a really good hole punch. I only assembled a test one so far, but when they are completed I will post a pic.
    Posted by cindyn9178[/QUOTE]

Thanks Cindy!  I wanted to do them, but I was worried it would be very difficult, but everyone seems to say it's not too bad!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-program-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:12f7776d-c147-4384-8dab-9ad0c3d94a51Post:e0c2932d-f4e7-45bf-838f-2c5e6ec02644">Re: Wedding Program help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Program help : Thanks Cindy!  I wanted to do them, but I was worried it would be very difficult, but everyone seems to say it's not too bad!
    Posted by LDamiani[/QUOTE]
    You could easily do a test run.. just use regular paper, cut it to size, and print whatever on them, then assemble it. That way you can see how exactly how easy or hard it will be! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards