Howdy Knottie Brides! It's Fit Friday, but more importantly it's the start of the new contest, 21-Day Bridal Madness Makeover.
We'll start off with a move that I love because it's a variation on a pushup. Pushups are great for so many reasons, but primarily because you can do them anywhere (no gear needed) and they work your arms, rear shoulders, chest and core.
- Place your palm flat on the floor and rotate your body in a side plank position with arm extended as shown in photo.
- Make sure to keep your body in a straight line from head to toe and draw the navel toward the spine to engage the core.
- Lower the extended arm to the floor until you are in a standard push-up position.
- Perform one push-up and then rotate your body into the side plank position again, facing the opposite direction.
- Repeat for the required repetitions while alternating sides on each rep