African American Weddings

Tent Reception

I am really considering having my reception in a tent. Has anyone had any experience, or been to a tented reception?

Re: Tent Reception

• edited December 2011
    I've been to one...it was nice, except it was raining cats and dogs and the ground was soaked to the point that the water began to seep into the tent. The setup was beautiful though. Believe it or not, the wedding was this past May...the Sunday before Memorial Day and was beautiful until just after the ceremony. I wanted to cry for my friend. We had a good time for a while, but the weather led me to leave much earlier than I would have with sunshine.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    see...and that's the one thing that I would HATE to have happen..Luckily my aunt is the venue coordinator, so she is giving me the option to switch it up if weather permits, but I would just DIE...
  • edited December 2011
    Lucky you...that's a great connection to have. As for the tent, it could be really beautiful so if you have another option for backup, it is worth a try. I've considered it because it is essentially a blank canvas, but March in Georgia is rainy with some sun, not the other way around so it's not a smart choice for me. When and where is your wedding?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards