California-Central
Options

Villa Toscana brides

I am wondering if there are any unfortunate souls in my position out there? If I can give any advice to anyone out there looking for any wedding venue it is this: Ask if your venue is in good credit standing BEFORE you sign your contract. Check online for public records of defaulting on payments by the owners. Get wedding insurance.
 If any of you pray, please pray that there is peace and resolution for my fiancee and I and our wedding.

Re: Villa Toscana brides

• Options
    angnedangned member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw your title and knew you must be in some trouble with the Weyrich situation.  I wish you the best of luck!
    2 of us- a bunch of you! Celebrating the whole night through!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am feeling your pain...wish me luck too. We checked out bascially every other venue on the central coast and I don't want to get married anywhere but here. Now that we are trying to find another Venue there is nothing available. I don't know what we are going to do.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had no idea about Villa Toscana. I used to live in Paso Robles. How sad. I hope you can get your money back.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    DBride2006DBride2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know the following venues have some availability:

- Avila Beach Golf Resort
    - Santa Margarita Ranch

Check them out on Here Comes the Guide...
    Best of luck to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Luckily some good options still have our date available. We called practically every location on the central coast...haha, huge list. We were also able to get another caterer since we were planning on using the chef at Villa. It was especially hard for us since we do not live in the area, but we are feeling a little better right now.

As for getting our money back...FI is looking into that. It is hard because we signed a contract and they may actually be in business on our wedding day, which means our contract is valid, I guess.

Good luck to the rest of you. And as my family keeps telling me, your wedding will be beautiful no matter where you have it ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Villa Toscana is closed and the property is now in possesion of the lender :(

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/breaking_news/story/1012287.html
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards