Not Engaged Yet

Hello my Knotties

I know I've basically disappeared for the past week. Here's what's up:

A week ago Sunday morning, JJ and I received The Phone Call from Hell informing us a friend had passed away. I have never been so shocked in my life. Aspen had just turned 21 years old, and was vacationing in Mexico with her boyfriend after finishing exams, when she had a heart attack (essentially). I feel like the more time passes, the more real this becomes. I feel like she's playing a sick joke and will come home, and be like, 'Haha, SURPRISE!!', even though I know that won't happen. We had a few friends in last night, and I swear, all we talked about was Aspen. Honestly, this whole thing sucks...a lot. And her funeral date is yet to be determined, due to the unusual circumstances under which she passed away (the family had trouble getting her back from Mexico, as well). 

So, this past week was kind of a whirlwind. I was crazy busy with Christmas prep (since I just finished exams for the term), and nightly phone calls with friends. So, that's where my life is at right now. 
He pretty much had me at "hello".
-- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --

Re: Hello my Knotties

• edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.  I'll keep you in my thoughts.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    *hugs for Anne and JJ*
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no, I'm sorry for your loss.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I'm sorry about your loss. I will keep you both and your friend's family in my thoughts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oh, how sad! i'm so sorry for your loss! you're in my thoughts!
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss, hun! *hugs* I'll keep you all in my thoughts

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend... sudden deaths especially of young people like your friend Aspen are so hard to handle.  Thoughts and prayers are with you and all of Aspen's friends and family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry to hear of this, Anne! I'll be keeping you, JJ, and everyone connected to your friend in my thoughts. *hugs*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss! I'll be keeping you and your friends family in my thoughts and prayers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards