New York-Long Island

location help needed

hi everyone! i'm originally from the sept 2011/northern california boards but i am trying to help out a friend in looking for wedding locations. ideally she would like to get married on a large lawn of an inn, estate, hotel, something like that so that all of her guests (about 250) can stay there. she is originally from california, but her fiance grew up in queens so they're looking at various long island places. however, she is stuck because she doesn't know long island all that very well and is having trouble finding the type of wedding location she wants. 

if there's anything you know that fits the place she's looking, do comment so we can check it out!

TIA!! :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
surprise BFP 1/1/12 ~ EDD 9/10/12 ~ M/C 2/2/2012
thank you, baby angel, for showing us we can DO it!
appt with RE 11/1/12 ~ "you should take a HPT, your period's due soon" "yeah right"
whoops! surprise BFP #2 11/2/12! ~ EDD 7/13/13 ~ you gotta stick, lil one!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: location help needed

• edited December 2011
    Oheka Castle (expensive)
    Majestic gardens (moderate)
    Any of the vineyards out east
  • edited December 2011
    East Wind in Wading River LI has a big estate and hotel accomodations on premisis.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    oh there are a ton of places! oheka, coindre hall, old westbury gardens, vanderbilt mansion......
    then there's the vineyards out east as well. i wouldn't consider them estates but the settings are lovely.

• edited December 2011
    My vote is for the vineyards - they are stunning.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks so much!!! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    surprise BFP 1/1/12 ~ EDD 9/10/12 ~ M/C 2/2/2012
    thank you, baby angel, for showing us we can DO it!
    appt with RE 11/1/12 ~ "you should take a HPT, your period's due soon" "yeah right"
    whoops! surprise BFP #2 11/2/12! ~ EDD 7/13/13 ~ you gotta stick, lil one!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

I got married at Westbury Manor and it was beautiful but for more of what you are looking for, youc an try Dowling College. They have beautiful grounds and it may not be that expensive to rent for the day...good luck!

Jen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards