Canada-Ontario

Alterations - Recommendations

I bought an amazing wedding dress at a great price! I can't wait to wear it for the day!

But I need to have it altered.  I want it to fit perfectly on the day.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good alterations place in or around Toronto?  I'd rather find someone to do it through a recommendation then just blindly selecting one.

Thanks so much! :)

Re: Alterations - Recommendations

• I am using Irene's studio on the recommendation of a friend of mine who used her for her wedding.

She is FABULOUS! so kind and caring and amazing at what she does! she took me on LAST minute as my seamstress vanished when it came time to book and I was left panicked with a dress that didnt fit. she made my dress fit me better then I ever imagined I truly cannot praise her enough.

her website is outdated, I wouldn't suggested emailing her-I don't think she is very teck savvy so a phone call would probably be best.

http://www.irenesstudio.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much for the recommendation! I definitely feel better going to someone that has come recommended. Very glad you're extremely pleased with the fit of your dress!!
    Thanks again and have an amazing wedding! :)

• There's Pearl Sato or Pom Penner - both can be googled, but because they've been in the industry for awhile, they're not cheap.  Pearl charges around $120 per alterations; Pom can likely do everything for aroun $300, but both are negotiable.
  • Thanks so much Jewel! I will look into those ones as well!
  • Definitely Irene's studio! I got my wedding dress altered there and it fit me PERFECTLY!! My girlfriend also used them for her dress as well. My dress was lace which is not an easy material to alter.
  • Thanks so much for all of the recommendations!  I've booked my first fitting with Irene's Studio for the beginning of April!

I can't wait to get into the dress again! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards