New Mexico

outside venues

does anyone know of wedding venues that happen outside besides ballon fiesta and the bio park?

Re: outside venues

• edited December 2011
    Prairie Star in Bernalillo is beautiful with great food and reasonable (for us anyway) costs. They were our runner-up, but we decided to go with the Alumni Chapel/Nuclear Museum because they fit better with our personalities. Also, Prairie Star has indoor space as a backup incase the weather is bad.

I've also been to a ceremony at the rose garden at the Biopark, and it was very nice. I've heard the Abq Garden Center is nice too, but I've never been there. The rooftop of the Sunrise Bank Building is also an option if you like something more urban.
  • edited December 2011
    The Inn at Paradise is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast on top of Desert Greens Gof Course. They have a big gorgeous garden in the back. We had our reception there, and loved it! They are such nice people, and it was way less expensive because we could take in our own food and drinks! Their # is 505-898-6161.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • clujan50clujan50 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies
  • edited December 2011
    I almost picked this great place in Edgewood. It's about 30min east of Albuquerque but were getting married in December now so I can't use this place but it's called Apple Valley Farm.
    It's only $200 to rent the facilities. There's a cute pond and bridge area, a small building and a barn you can use included in that price.
    They also offer catering of BBQ and lemonade plus sides and extras for VERY budget friendly prices. If you are interested in Edgewood I'll have to get the phone number and get back to you.
  • edited December 2011
    There is also a very nice courtyard at the Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town. I am getting married there this December so I can't use outside but it is beautiful. They have green grass, flowers, a fountain and vines up and down the shaded pavillion. The wedding coordinator, Ammie, is great. Check out the website for photos. hotelabq.com
  • clujan50clujan50 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    edge kinda sounds cool tanks i never would have thought..ya i looked at abq hotel as well but since were on a budget and also set on scarpas for catering its been hard to find a place...might have to change scarpas as our cater ...bummer food is sooo good

• edited December 2011
    If you're willing to go outside of Abq a little, I've heard good things about Hacienda Vargas in Algodones. I'm pretty sure they allow outside catering, though I don't know if Scarpas/Cooperage will go that far north.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards