Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Airline Tickets :( Update on dress

I am a little sad....
We fly to Vegas from central Florida every year going on 4 years.  Last year we booked SW in March for Halloween week. $90 each way non stop!  We have never paid  over $450 for the 2 of us.  I cannot find a flight under $650 for 2.  We decided to go ahead and book SW again and not put it off more.  It was $718!  We arrive early on the first day and leave out late on the last day which is great.  It is also non stop which is awesome.  I know in the past If the rates go down SW will credit me the difference.  Most of our guest have not booked.  Hopefully we will see a decrease in rates soon.  Vent over.

Update on my previous post about no dress.  Most of the bridal shops in town take about 4 and half months to get an ordered dress in.  I found a salon that has a huge selection and will sell the sample.  I found a dress!  Very very different than what I "thought" I wanted.  I was able to take it home that day!  It is about a size too big and needs alterations.  Yay! for the big check!   
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Airline Tickets :( Update on dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked our tickets through Southwest, and they were the highest we had ever paid, or higher than anyone in my family had ever paid.

We actually put off purchasing them for awhile thinking they would go down, and the price actually got higher.

Congrats on finding a dress!  Have any pictures?  I love looking at dresses.
  • Options
    pabride2010pabride2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah airline prices are so bad this year!  Lots of people couldn't make it because of that alone. 

So happy you found a dress!  I agree with Olivea, post some pics!
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same thing here. We got spoiled, we were paying $35-40 one way during the winter. We even flew Allegaint for $19 one way. I'm from the Bay Area (SFO, SJC, OAK). Usually SFO is cheaper to fly out of b/c SW competes with Virgin America, so they lower their fares. For our June 10th trip we kept checking fares everyday to see if someone would budge on their fares and nothing! We ended up with JetBlue for $49, but they charge extra for bags so I'm not sure the end damage.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have pictures yet.  My first fitting will be in July.  I will take some pictures then.  The dress is hiding out at a friends house for now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boo on the overpriced ticket.
    Yay on the dress find.
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sympathize with you on the tickets!  We looked and looked for a good deal and couldn't find anything either:(  It didn't help that we are going Detroit to Vegas to Cabo to Detroit.  Our airfare was almost as much as our rooms in Vegas & Cabo combined! 

Great that you found dress, but we want pics!  lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards