July 2012 Weddings

QOTD

Favorite candy?

FI's favorite candy?

Cats or Dogs?

Least favorite household chore?

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!)
Follow Me on Pinterest
Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD

• Favorite candy?  Chocloate bars, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate everything!

FI's favorite candy? i think chocolate too.

Cats or Dogs? DOGS!

Least favorite household chore?  Washing floors. 

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) No, I have some stories, but not that I believe in them!
  • penny12986penny12986 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Favorite candy? Swedish fish

FI's favorite candy?  Chunky chocolate bars

Cats or Dogs? I love both but I am becoming more of a cat person everyday

Least favorite household chore? Laundry

Yes but i don't have any personal experiences to draw from. I also think that some stories are exaggerated for attention.

• Favorite candy? this is going to sound weird but i am REALLY not a candy person!!! if i am going to eat something sweet and waste calories...give me a cupcake. or a cookie. or something else from a bakery.

FI's favorite candy? DEFINITELY reese's peanut butter cups! he has been known to buy a bag of the minis and eat the entire bag in one sitting.

Cats or Dogs? i really like both but don't have either.

Least favorite household chore? i don't mind actually doing laundry (putting it in washing machine, hanging some to dry, etc.), but i HATE PUTTING IT AWAY!!! folding and putting on hangers and sorting and etc. is so miserable!

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) yes! i don't believe that ghosts take the form of people and just wander around the earth, but i definitely believe in the presence of spirits, both good and bad. i wish i had fun stories!
  • Oh, heck, why not. I'm the least productive person ever today.

Favorite candy?
    Can I say popcorn? I prefer salty.

FI's favorite candy?
    Reeses

Cats or Dogs?
    DOGS.
    Sad sidestory: Fiance's family dog passed away this morning. :( He's really sad about it. They had her for 16 years, so she lived a wonderful, long life, but still. She was the sweetest dog, too.

Scrubbing the bathtub, ew. Otherwise, I loveeeee cleaning and organizing.

No. No stories, either. Although I believe in people who have passed being with you and being able to feel their presence. That happens sometimes with my dad - I can tell when he's around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Seriously, Butterfly, get out of my head!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Favorite candy? Reese's! Every form, but especially the fast-breaks!

FI's favorite candy? He likes Reese's too, and pepermint patties

Cats or Dogs? Cats! I want one so badly.

Least favorite household chore? Washing dishes. In college I only used paper products just so I could avoid it!

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) Yes. There was a ghost in our theatre in college. Two stories. Once, during rehearsal, the box office phone rang. This may not seem strange except that the phone ringer was turned off, it always is so that it doesn't disrupt rehearsal or shows. And when someone answered it no one was there!
    Story 2: Our director was leaving rehearsal one night when she realized she didn'r have her keys. She went back to her podium in the middle of the seats and found the key ring but no keys. The keys were found scattered around the auditorium in places that she had never been. The keys hadn't left her side and she was the only one in the theatre.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_qotd-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd65cb7-83af-47e5-9849-04448635e1bePost:7b87d4dd-e604-4e0d-b7a4-140ec56148f8">Re: QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, Butterfly, get out of my head!!!!
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

hahaha! it is starting to get kind of creepy!!
  • Favorite candy? Starburst, skittles, jolly ranchers. I love anything fruity. Fi's favorite candy? Kit-kats, m&m w/peanuts Cats or dogs? Dogs! I'm terrified of cats! Lol Least favorite household chore? Cleaning the bathroom. Especially the toilet. My fi is in charge of the bathroom. Do you believe in ghost? Yes.. Sorry I don't have any stories.
  • Favorite candy? Too many- but probably peanut butter snickers

FI's favorite candy? Reese's probably

Cats or Dogs? Dogs!!

Least favorite household chore? Dusting

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) Not sure, I'd like to see one though.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Favorite candy? Reese's Minature peanut butter cups they taste different then the regular size.  I also love the reese's christmas trees, valentines hearts and easter eggs. 

FI's favorite candy? Kit Kat

Cats or Dogs?  Totally Dogs!!

Least favorite household chore?  Cleaning the bathroom especially the toilet!!

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!)  Yes, I think my mom's guest bedroom is haunted!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Favorite candy? Chocolate! And Nerds lol

FI's favorite candy? Kit Kats and Lindt Truffles...and PB M&Ms

Cats or Dogs? Cats by a long shot! But I was traumatized by a dog when really little...for several years because it lived in the yard next to me and was meeeean!!

Least favorite household chore? Cleaning the bathroom and litter box

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) Yes and no. I've never personally had any encounters with anything to make me believe, but my family has!
    imageAnniversary
  • Favorite candy? - Anything involving dark chocolate.  I am also not huge into candy, but prefer salty things.

FI's favorite candy? - Kit-Kats, by far.  We visited Hershey Park a few years ago and FI bought the most ginormous bag of them there.  They were gone within a few days.

Cats or Dogs? - Dogssssss... I want a farm so I can have a million dogs

Least favorite household chore? - LAUNDRY.... UGH GO AWAY DIRTY CLOTHES

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) - Kinda on the fence....ACTUAL ghosts?  Not so sure... But, I think that our loved ones that have passed send us signs that they are still with us. 

For example, my pop-pop, who died about 6 years ago, likes to mess with our lights/electricity... every time we talk about him, or something to do with him, our lights flicker.  Today is his birthday... the electricity at my office went out for like 5 seconds this morning, about 5 minutes after I wished him a Happy Birthday in my head.  I like to think he's still with me :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Favorite candy? Anything Hershey's Dark Chocolate

FI's favorite candy? It was Ande's candies, but I think he's coming around to the dark chocolate thing. He bought us 2 huge bars recently and they were both gone the same night.

Cats or Dogs? both

Least favorite household chore? I have a lot of chores that I despise. Folding and putting away laundry (clothes on hangers is fine), washing cups, washing floors, and cleaning the carpet (a must with 2 kids running around).

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) I believe there is something out there. I'm not sure if it's ghosts or what. I've had some cabinet doors slam while I'm watching TV. It's always when I'm alone in the house. Also, lights turning on while I'm in a different room. FI's family says it's his grandma who apparently goes from house to house of relatives to check up on people. Not sure how much I buy into that. When my son was younger FI's sister watched him for us one night. She went outside and took the baby monitor with her. My son woke up and started crying. Then she heard a woman start singing and my son calmed down. I think it could have been crossing of frequencies, but it who knows. She really believes it.
    Photobucket
  • Favorite candy?  Andes Mints!!  snickers & hershy bar with almonds!!

FI's favorite candy? milky way & dark chocolate covered cherries

Cats or Dogs?  Dogs & cats...but more dogs

Least favorite household chore?  shower cleaning!! but I hate a dirty shower...so I suck it up...haha

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!)  I LOVE watching ghost stuff! It scares the piss outta of me sometimes!!  I don't have any good stories though.  I feel like there is a guy in my parent's house.  He hangs out in the bedrooms & then by the fire place in the front room.  I don't feel it anywhere else....We love watching Paranormal State & Ghost Adventures (even though they did a false show...) & Ghost Hunters...stuff like that...
  • MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Favorite candy? Hot lips, rockets and those cinnamon hearts that are out this time of year.

FI's favorite candy? licorice (eww)

Cats or Dogs? DOGS

Least favorite household chore? hmm... cleaning the toilet?

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) Absolutely.  I have too many to tell. I've seen my grandfather and even had a conversation with him shortly after he had died.  I was doing alot of stuff that really wasn't good for me and he told me how he'd been watching me and how it was breaking his heart. 
    I swear my parents house is haunted.  I've had a few instances where something that should not have happened did and I know I wasn't just hearing or seeing things. For ex. Cleaning out my parents fridge. I leave the door WIDE OPEN and had my back to the fridge, washing out the crisper box and I hear the door SLAM shut, with every bottle on the door rattling. I turn right away, door is still wide open.
    I also feel like my house is haunted as well.

I also feel like I have a 6th sense, no I'm not crazy I swear.  For example, For the past 2 weeks I've felt like someone in my family was going to die.  Last night the phone rang and I saw it was my parents calling. I said to FI that's my dad, he's going to tell me someone died. Sure enough I answer it and he informs me that my cousin passed away yesterday.  He didn't even make it out of the ambulance.
    The same thing happened with my uncle last fall.  I knew when the phone rang that my dad was going to tell me someone had passed away before I answered the phone.  It's very weird and kind of an unsettling feeling until I get the phone call. I never know who it is, but I always know it's someone close or from my family.

ETA: Also, I don't know why but everytime I speak about ghosts or listen toa  story about them, every hair on my body rises and my eyes water.. that's weird.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • 1. I love starburts (but not the yellow ones). 
    2. FI loves chocolate anything.
    3. Dogs!
    4. Dishes. Definitely dishes. I'd rather throw them out then clean them
    5. I used to. I really thought the house I grew up in was haunted. It was built out of a former one-room school house (but expanded several times). My sister and I were convinced we used to hear kids running around and laughing at night, when we were trying to fall asleep. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    Favorite candy? Definitely Snickers. Yum!

FI's favorite candy? He likes everything as long as it is candy. lol.

Cats or Dogs?I am such a dog person, my FI is a big cat person.

Least favorite household chore? Dishes & laundry.

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!)  Yes!! There was one incident this past summer me and my mom just had gone to a medium and she was telling me things about my Grandma because her and I were very close and she had just passed the year before a week before my birthday. The medium was telling me that she is always with me blah blah blah. I tend not to believe in a lot of that stuff but one night in last summer my AC was running because it was so hot in my house. I live by myself on the second floor of my parents house (it is a 2 family home), about 3am (for some strange reason I always wake up at this hour even today) i heard my AC go beep, beep, beep i thought i was just hearing things so i went back to sleep. A little while later i was complaining to myself that it was so damn hot in my house and i went to check the AC and it was up at 88 degrees! (My AC was set at 62 and nothing was wrong with the electrical because my dad checked it out for me) I ended telling the medium this and she said that the the number 88 is angelic and that maybe my grandma was trying to let me know she was there. I was kind freaked out. Also, even when I am eating dinner with my parents at their house I can hear footsteps in my apt, when no one but me lives upstairs. Crazy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Favorite candy? 
    Ahh I love candy. Chocolate is my #1, and sour cherries.

FI's favorite candy?
    Sour keys if he had to choose, but FI is more into salty than sweet. Doesn't even like cake or ice cream, really. He does love slushees/slurpees

Cats or Dogs?
    I love both, but cats edge out dogs a little.

Cleaning the kitty litter box. One reason I am stoked to get pregnant someday is that for 9 months per baby I will never have to change the litter.

Yes I definitely do.
    I think my parent's house is haunted. My little sister was home alone and upstairs one day, and heard voices downstairs. Thinking my parents had come home, she went to go say hello and saw our dog at the top of the stairs growling downstairs. He wouldn't come down with her, and when she went downstairs the voices stopped. Nobody was home and the TV was off.
    In the same house, my parents had converted the old wood shop into a cabin for my older sister and I. The man who built the house had passed away years ago. My sister and I would often wake up early in the morning hearing hammering sounds before anyone was awake.
    My mom's mom passed when she was 21, and my mom one day asked for a sign that she was still with her. She asked that her mom put a penny somewhere where she would never expect to find one, and then she would know she was there. The next day she decided to wear a pair of pants she hadn't worn for years. They had a tiny pocket (like the size of a lipstick) with a zipper. Totally non-functional and not a pocket she would have used. She felt the urge to stick her finger in the pocket, which she had never done before, and found a penny. Things like that happen to my mom all the time with numerous people she has lost.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Favorite candy? Oh gosh there's soo many I love. If I had to pick just one I guess it'd be Sour Patch Kids.

FI's favorite candy? Toblerone Bars

Cats or Dogs? Dogs if they're small. Cats otherwise.

Least favorite household chore? Cleaning the bathroom.

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) Absolutely.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_qotd-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd65cb7-83af-47e5-9849-04448635e1bePost:fac25576-90d8-4c96-a090-c470fc44b4e1">Re: QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite candy? Hot lips, rockets and those cinnamon hearts that are out this time of year. FI's favorite candy? licorice (eww) Cats or Dogs? DOGS Least favorite household chore? hmm... cleaning the toilet? Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) Absolutely.  I have too many to tell. <strong>I've seen my grandfather and even had a conversation with him shortly after he had died.</strong>  I was doing alot of stuff that really wasn't good for me and he told me how he'd been watching me and how it was breaking his heart.  I swear my parents house is haunted.  I've had a few instances where something that should not have happened did and I know I wasn't just hearing or seeing things. For ex. Cleaning out my parents fridge. I leave the door WIDE OPEN and had my back to the fridge, washing out the crisper box and I hear the door SLAM shut, with every bottle on the door rattling. I turn right away, door is still wide open. I also feel like my house is haunted as well. I also feel like I have a 6th sense, no I'm not crazy I swear.  For example, For the past 2 weeks I've felt like someone in my family was going to die.  Last night the phone rang and I saw it was my parents calling. I said to FI that's my dad, he's going to tell me someone died. Sure enough I answer it and he informs me that my cousin passed away yesterday.  He didn't even make it out of the ambulance. The same thing happened with my uncle last fall.  I knew when the phone rang that my dad was going to tell me someone had passed away before I answered the phone.  It's very weird and kind of an unsettling feeling until I get the phone call. I never know who it is, but I always know it's someone close or from my family. ETA: Also, I don't know why but everytime I speak about ghosts or listen toa  story about them, every hair on my body rises and my eyes water.. that's weird.
    Posted by Madisonpenny[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#ff0000">Madison, this happened to me too! It was actually the night he passed away.</font></strong>
  • Favorite candy? - Snow Caps

FI's favorite candy? Reese Pieces

Cats or Dogs? Dogs- I am allergic to cats

Least favorite household chore?- when doing the dishes i hate washing the silverwear

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) yes.  Although I have no stories I still believe  Cool
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_qotd-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd65cb7-83af-47e5-9849-04448635e1bePost:89b621ff-ea5d-4ea7-8c60-a837265849e9">Re: QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QOTD : Madison, this happened to me too! It was actually the night he passed away.
    Posted by bells24412[/QUOTE]

Yea, I told my mom about it because it happened in the middle of the night when I was 14.  She said I must have been dreaming but there's no way. I remember it clear as day and I'll never forget it.
  • edited February 2012
    OMG, me too. I was 15 when my grandpa passed away and I could have sworn i was dreaming also. He was telling me not to cry and that everything was going to be alright basically. Now that i think about it, i guess it was kind of creepy. I never dreamt of my grandma but i know for some weird reason she is around me. I also wear her wedding ring around my neck. Plus my dog used to sleep with me, now he refuses. I used to catch him looking at my doorway like he was seeing someone. They say animals are really potent to that kind of thing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_qotd-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd65cb7-83af-47e5-9849-04448635e1bePost:b301f764-0781-40ad-9f72-efe0f93c0d62">Re: QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG, me too. I was 15 when my grandpa passed away and I could have sworn i was dreaming also. He was telling me not to cry and that everything was going to be alright basically. Now that i think about it, i guess it was kind of creepy. I never dreamt of my grandma but i know for some weird reason she is around me. I also wear her wedding ring around my neck. Plus my dog used to sleep with me, now he refuses. I used to catch him looking at my doorway like he was seeing someone. They say animals are really potent to that kind of thing.
    Posted by bells24412[/QUOTE]

Yea, my dogs are Constantly growling if FI is gone at night.  It's kindda unsettling and makes me on edge. I agree animals seem to have an extra sense for that kind of thing.

I'm glad to see at least someone doesn't thing i'm crazy with all this kind of stuff, especially with having a convo with my "poppa". Or even having a feeling when I know someone is about to die.
  • Favorite candy? Hm. tough. probably a milky way though
    FI's favorite candy? He doesnt like sweets. which is the exact opposite of my overactive sweet tooth. 
    Cats or Dogs? Dogs!!!!
    Least favorite household chore? None of them are my favorite. But I'll say laundry because it seemingly never ends. 
    Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) I dont think so, but paranormal activity freaked me out a lot. 

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Favorite candy?  Reese's Pieces!!!

FI's favorite candy? Mmm.. not sure if he has one. He's not big on sweets at all

Cats or Dogs? Dogs alll the way. Can't stand cats!

Least favorite household chore? ALL OF IT!!! lol

Do you believe in ghosts? You know, it's not something I have defined beliefs on. But I'm very respectful of these things and I don't like to rule them off completely.. because who knows what actually exists in this world. I guess it's sort of "I don't know but I don't want to piss anyone off" kinda thing.. I prefer to not mess with it at all if that makes any sense.
  • Favorite candy? I love butterscotch hard candies.

FI's favorite candy? I have no idea-  honestly.

Cats or Dogs? Cat - but I love both.

Least favorite household chore? Abuela's laundry ;)

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) I don't think so.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_qotd-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd65cb7-83af-47e5-9849-04448635e1bePost:9cbe262d-45af-4f35-8625-47c86a7abfdc">Re: QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite candy? I love butterscotch hard candies. FI's favorite candy? I have no idea-  honestly. Cats or Dogs? Cat - but I love both. Least favorite household chore? Abuela's laundry ;) Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) I don't think so.
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you do her laundry! I'd be so irritated!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • singing_lynsinging_lyn member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Favorite candy? Swedish fish or pretty much anything caramel.

FI's favorite candy? Lindt white chocolate or Snickers.

Cats or Dogs? We're both cat people, but like dogs too.

Least favorite household chore? Putting away the laundry. I swear it's never ending. Blah.

Do you believe in ghosts? (post stories, if you have any!) Yes, the office building my parents own was built in 1808 and was a boarding house at one point and then a restaurant and offices later on. The story goes that a man by the name of George was shot and killed in one of the rooms and that room was so small it was later turned into a bathroom for a larger room next door. When my parents bought the building it was dilapidated and in major disrepair and stray animals had used all of the rooms as bathrooms except for that one room. It was as clean as could be. After they repaired the building and started using it as their office we would hear footsteps walking around and doors opening and shutting and we'd say Hi George and it would stop. Also while it was a restaurant my aunts sister worked there and the ghost would turn on the music and evidently didn't like her because he would knock things off the mantle's of the fireplaces and throw things at her. LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Madison & bells - I totally believe both of your stories.  My mother says my brother (who passed away when I was 9, he was 7) used to always visit her not too long after he died.  She's met with many mediums and they ALWAYS pick up on him during a session (she never tells them about him prior).  I think certain spirits are just more connected to certain people. Thanks for sharing!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards