Catholic Weddings

Happy Wednesday!

We got our marriage license today, took my rings to be soldered (I had a little pang at giving up my engagement ring, but I'm wearing my Mother's in the meantime), and picked up his wedding band!

Those of you who've known me for a bit know that my FI said he wouldn't wear a ring - he just never wears any kind of jewelry and said it would feel weird. He finally agreed today that he would wear it to church & other formal/special occasions. Works for me!

Just 17 more days! I don't know how I'm going to stand it!!! How did those of you who are married make it through the last weeks???

Linda
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Happy Wednesday!

• edited December 2011
    Hi there! It is Thursday now, but since no one responded yesterday, I thought I would.

I am glad to hear things are progressing smoothly for you and your FI. That is great that your FI agreed to wear a wedding band. My H could not wear his at his previous job, he only wore it on the weekends. Remember, it is merely a symbol and there are a lot of me that don't wear them these days. My Uncle hasn't worn one for as long as I can remember and they have been married for 35 years.

As far as the last weeks went, I was anxious, but ready to be married. We were planning from out of state and went home 1 week before the wedding. I told myself that if I discovered something was missing in the final days, it wasn't a big deal and I wasn't going to worry about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards