Texas-Houston

How much did your alterations cost?

And what all did you have done?

I got a quote today, she's going to have to do quite a bit of work but it was a pretty large amount. Just wondering how reasonable it is.

For, 
-all over spot cleaning & some general maintenance, tacking, threads etc. (I bought a sample off the floor)
-Hem (my dress is lace so I know the hem is tricky)
-putting loops over the buttons on the back so they will lay flat
-putting cups in the bust
-letting some fabric out on the sides (near the hips) and taking some fabric in on top
-bustle , I think it will have 2-3 points
-Plus she will steam it for my bridals & again for the wedding

I was quoted $500.

TIA to anyone who can share!

Re: How much did your alterations cost?

• A ridiculous amount but the results were great. After everything, $900.
  • I think I paid around 350 for a bustle and for the bust/stomach to be taken in.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• For a lace dress, thats a great price. I am paying 3x that, also for a lace overlay dress, add in a funky bottom - but since I got a sample Monique Lhuillier for 85% off, I will accept it :)
  • Mine was $695. I had the bodice taken in, added cups, changed my neckline to sweetheart, bustle, fixing of the beading, 2 presses and 1 cleaning

We got married 11/3/12!!

• I got a bustle and got it spot cleaned for $15.00...I was in complete shock when she told me the price. I was expecting a lot higher.

A friend of mine used her first and she had the dress taken in and she said it was only $85.00.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:How much did your alterations cost?:[QUOTE]And what all did you have done?I got a quote today, she's going to have to do quite a bit of work but it was a pretty large amount. Just wondering how reasonable it is.For,nbsp;all over spot cleaning amp; some general maintenance, tacking, threads etc. I bought a sample off the floorHem my dress is lace so I know the hem is trickyputting loops over the buttons on the back so they will lay flatputting cups in the bustletting some fabric out on the sides near the hips and taking some fabric in on topbustle , I think it will have 23 pointsPlus she will steam it for my bridals amp; again for the weddingnbsp;I was quoted 500.TIA to anyone who can share! Posted by aggiegal2010[/QUOTE]

Where did you go? I'm looking for a place too
  • Thanks Ladies! Seems like all in all I am getting a really good deal. I am working with Michelle Colleti - she runs Colleti Threads out of her home. She is in the Spring area. It feels a little funny to be working in someone's home, like you hear her little boys screaming in the background, ha! But that's how she is able to keep her prices so reasonable I guess. She was refered to me by the Princess Bridal Salon, she works with them often so I know she's going to do great work. She seems really creative & helpful! I'll definitely post a review once everything is completed, but so far I would recommend checking her out. 

Here's her facebook page:

• sounds like a nice price for all that work.

Mine was $150... ($75 two different times)...one trip i had the bustle done and some lace put in to cover some cleavage. and the 2nd trip i had it taken in in the waste and under the arms.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• I have not done mine but have been told to expect to pay bbetween $350 & $500.
  • Our seamstress is making a layered finger tip veil with a very fine ribbon like edging for $75.00. She is making a bustle, hemming 7 layers, repairing 2 loops that were torn (sample sale) taking the dress in, adding more crystals to the flowers on her sash. All for $250.00.. She's been in this business for over 30 years. She also showed us to lace her gown from the bottom to the top to follow the curve of the back. Helen Touchet is wonderful!
  • Too much...$670.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards