New Jersey
Options

Bridesmaid Dress

On Sunday I went and picked out my bridesmaid dress. I kind of picked the color just bc I HAD to pick a color and I couldnt find a pink I really really liked, and also my mom and maid of honor insisted it was a nice color n it was pink.After I went home I was upset and kept looking at the swatch bc it doesnt look pink to me it looks more red. I went to the store yest w one of my other bridesmaid and she along w 2 ladies that work there agree w me that its more red than pink. Now I dont know what to do bc they dont have any pinks that are in between. Its either way too light or way too bright. and i LOVE the dress :( 

I was thinking of completely changing the colorand going with  charcoal. The only thing I'm afraid of is that I wont like it bc my heart was set on pink. If I did charcoal i would get bright pink flowers to make it pop. I'm afraid that my pictures will look too dull with a Charcoal dress. 
What do you girls suggest??

My  other option is to go with a completely different designer.
Suggestions please!!

Re: Bridesmaid Dress

• Options
    I'm kind of in a similar situation.... I've created this perfect "dark fuschia/wine/purple" color in my head and I'm realizing it just doesn't exist in the style I love, so I am also considering charcoal.  I think it would look really classy with bright flowers.  

I would definitely look into other designers too, or even just regular dresses that aren't considered bridesmaid dresses.

Care to share the dress/color you're aiming for and maybe we can help?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think charcoal would look classy as well and it is very elegant but i'm afraid the pictures that dont have the flowers will look dull. 

I want a pink that isnt too bright or too light. I want an inbetween color. Its more of a darker pink. I'm tired of looking at other dresses I really love the one we chose. It's very flattering, comfy, and beautiful. I have no idea what to do :(

I want to go to the store again today but I was just there last night I dont want them to hate me lol.
  • Options
    I did the same exact thing with my purple color... nothing looked right.  So I went with charcoal and the purple flowers and all my accents are purple. 

Dont worry about the store thinking you are crazy.  I am sure they are used to it! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Can you post a link to the dress you want to we can see the colors? 

I don't think your pictures will look dull if you choose a charcoal dress.  And I think charcoal will look gorgeous paired with bright pink bouquets.  Plus, all of your formal portraits will have the bouquets in them.

One other thing to consider - as a BM I would be much more likely to wear a charcoal dress again.  Pink of any shade, not so much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I was just a bm in a wedding where where wore charcoal dresses.  I thought it was a great color and looked good on everyone.  She made the pink pop with her flowers.  Here's a pic from my phone of DH and I if that helps!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    I had a similar situation. I wanted a really dark eggplant or charcoal. The dress I fell in love with didn't have a good shade of either. I decided the color was more important than the style and switched designers to one who had the right color and worked backwards from there. They had a very similar style in the right color. Are you madly in love with this dress? Do all of your BMs look good in it? Or is the pink color more important? If so maybe you should start with the swatches. And don't worry about visiting the store a million times- I did that too. Good luck!
  • Options

The same thing happened to me! I was set on red for my BMs, for years I was saying it.  I even picked out a dress in red with my MOH and before we went back with the BMs to order it, they discontinued them :( I found another dress that I loved but the red was not pretty.  I picked out cinnamon and I second guessed it every step of the way, it was so hard to get an idea from that little swatch.  Is there a different sample dress by the same designer in the charcoal so you can get a better idea of the color? I couldn't find one for mine so I was so nervous until the dresses came in. Now I can tell you that is the thing I loved most about my wedding. The dresses looked awesome and with the flowers it all just came together.  I never once was upset about not having red.  I think charcoal is very nice and you can do so much with flowers against it.  Good luck!

• Options
    Could you post a pic of the dress?  I think charcoal would be a great choice!  You could always dress it up with a pink sash, pink flowers, pink shoes, or even a pink hair accessory!  The options are really endless!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went with Fuchsia by Impressions.  I really liked Bill Levkoff but I hated his shades of pink so I switched.  However my pink is very bright so it might not be what you are looking for.  Also the fabric makes a huge difference in the color too the fuchsia in taffeta looks different then the fuchsia in a chiffon dress.

Post some pics for us to see :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I really like that picture kristen8040!  

OP, I would consider other designers and THEN after looking if you're still stuck on this dress, maybe another color would be the best option.  Once you look more, you can decide if you want the dress or the color.
  • Options
    I love charcoal - it is classic.  Like ginabean said, you could add a sash or chunky/bright necklace that matches pink flowers, to bring all of the colors together.  Or even pink shoes would stand out with a short dress!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridesmaid-dress-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0bb5398c-ae9f-4bee-bdb8-f44549b8a198Post:c91c8e83-6125-4512-93f0-91874f126b64">Re: Bridesmaid Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you post a link to the dress you want to we can see the colors?  I don't think your pictures will look dull if you choose a charcoal dress.  And I think charcoal will look gorgeous paired with bright pink bouquets.  Plus, all of your formal portraits will have the bouquets in them. One other thing to consider - as a BM I would be much more likely to wear a charcoal dress again.  Pink of any shade, not so much.
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

This.

My cousin did charcoal dresses and it looked great.
  • Options
    http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=b58db669-9261-4440-9877-de14ff242b06&categoryID=772f03c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=0&colorId1=

THank you ladies for all your responses! I really appreciate it :) Attached is the link to the dress. It should be showm in Lipstick ( which is the originl color i chose ) Online it looks more pink than the dress does in person. IF you click on color you could change the color to the dress.

Please let me know what you girls think of the diff colors! :)
  • Options
    I like the concept of the charcoal dress with the pink flowers and accessories.  I think navy dresses would also look great with pink flowers, and the dress might have a little more pop in the pictures? 

The tea rose, petunia, and fuschia colors look pink, but it's hard to tell on the computer and I'm not sure if those are the kind of pink shades you are looking for.  I think pink can actually be a difficult color to find for dresses!! Also, definitely check out other designers just to see what other colors are available.  You can just leaf through swatches to get an idea.  I'm sure you can find a similar dress to this one! GL :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    How do you feel about Navy??  My girls are wearing navy and are carrying blush flowers... The two are really stunning next to each other.  Even navy with hot pink is very striking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards