Florida-Central Florida

Florida Venues

I'm getting married in the fall of 2013 and am in search for the perfect venue! I'd like a place that we can do the ceremony and reception. Anywhere in Florida is fine but I do NOT want a beach or a church. Any ideas? I've considered renting a vacation home but haven't found one that isn't a beach house. It also needs to accomodate about 100 people. Thanks!

<3 Briana

Re: Florida Venues

• I did a lot of research into venues in the Winter Park area. We decided on Polasek Gardens for our ceremony and Maison and Jardin for the reception. If you have any questions about the area let me know.
  • Our 1/12/13 wedding will be at the Rollins Chapel and University Club of Winter Park.  The University Club has an outdoor space w/gazebo if you wanted the whole thing on site.  Park Avenue is nice setting!

• We are at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.

Two friends are using/have used The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne.

Happy planning!
  • This is not really enough information. You need to decide on your vision for your big day.
    What's your budget? How do you feel about hotels? Country clubs? Museums? Theaters?
    How formal do you want your wedding to feel? City feel or Country feel? Is there going to be a theme?

Once you have a better idea what you are looking for, there is a venue search right here on The Knot.
  • I was married at the Lake Mary Events Center. We had both the ceremony and reception there with about 150 people. It was absolutely perfect. There is an outdoor site for the ceremony thats gorgeous- we were slated to have ours outside but it rained a little and we had to move it indoors. I actually ended up liking it a lot more with it inside. They have a ton of photos on their website so check it out. www.lakemaryeventscenter.com
  • Try Cypress Grove Estate House. The ceremony and reception would be outside on the Estate House grounds, but it's a beauitful venue.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards