June 2012 Weddings

June 30 brides -- one of our worst fears has come true for me!!!

I remember around the time we will all ordering our invitations us all saying "but what if they read thirtieth as 13th instead of 30th?" ... well...

Yes, that's someone being confused about when my wedding is because they thought it was on June 13th.  :(

Thankfully, she got confused early on and asked me.. but eek!  Makes me nervous!

Re: June 30 brides -- one of our worst fears has come true for me!!!

• That's okay. People told me I must've gotten my date wrong. Nope, it's June 26. And yes, that's a Tuesday. :)

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • There have been a lot of the 30th brides that this has happened to it seems like. I can't imagine just not reading it lol.

Peachy I would probably double check with you, too.. Tuesday isn't "common", I wouldn't want to miss it!
  • How frightening!  Yeah double checking with vendors is important.  My wedding is June 20...a wednesday, I got a couple contracts in the mail (email) that read "Saturday, June 20, 2012"...NO!  Those went in the shredder and new ones were sent and signed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Same here...I have had about 10 people call and say " but the 13th isn't on Saturday "
    Ummm NOPE but the 30th is!!! Or I get " Can't wait to see you on the 13th"...Ok but I won't be there on the 13th :( I didn't know it would be so hard to read or I would have done the #'s even is etiquette says not to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no!!! Good thing she asked!!

That happened to us with our RSVP date...it's the 30th of May, but someone read 13th. Meh. People need to learn to read more carefully.
  • Oh no!!! Good thing she asked!!

That happened to us with our RSVP date...it's the 30th of May, but someone read 13th. Meh. People need to learn to read more carefully.
  • This is one reason I put June 30, 2012 on my envelope seals.  I hope people can figure it out...if not, bummer for them. Undecided
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have had people ask me that too. A lot of older family members have gotten confused because my invites (which are boarding passes) have the date written out and the date in numbers. 
  • similar problem...my wedding date is june 17th...which is  a sunday and people are questioning it ...no its not the 16th...and yes i know its a sunday.....lol
    Mashavoo
  • Yep I've had a few people think the RSVP date was the 13th when it's May 30th.  It never occurred to me that they might not read the invitation correctly - I hope everyone knows that the wedding is the 30th!  It does say "Saturday" though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't even think about that!  Our deadline for responses was May 15 and we've only gotten half of them.  Hopefully, they didn't make that mistake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our RSVP deadline is tomorrow and I am still waiting on almost half of them! I put June 30, 2012 on our invites. I didn't realize it was against etiquette. Oops.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards