Wisconsin

Room Blocks

Does anyone know of the best room block rates downtown Milwaukee? We will be getting married at the Wisconsin Club on 9th and Wisconsin and would like to keep it close. Any suggestions?

Re: Room Blocks

• edited December 2011
    I am not sure how the rates are, but you could check the Hyatt downtown or the new Aloft. The Hilton is also a nice hotel. I assume you don't want your guests to stay at the Ho Jo. :)
    imagePhotobucket image
    [IMG]http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab70/katyj25/Uni8.jpg[/IMG]
    *TTC since 10/09. Last Depo 7/09
    *Me-31 DH-32
    *HSG and all bloodwork 11/11 all clear
    *50 mg Clomid/trigger/IUI #1 2/18/12, 1 scrambled egg @ 28mm, DH 111 mil. post wash! = BFFN :(
    *The wait is finally over! My husband is home! Deployments suck!
    *7-8/12 - surprise BFP! Beta came in at 2, confirmed CP.
    *8-9/12 - 50 mg Clomid/trigger/TI/prog., 1 follie @ 22mm = BFN
    *9/12 - Femara/estradoil/TI = cycle cancelled, poor response
    *10/12 - Femara/Follistim/Trigger/IUI #2 = Triggered, but cancelled IUI and changed to TI due to poor response = BFN
    *12/12 - cancelled and on BCP due to 2 large cysts found
    *1/13 - Follistim/Ovidrel/Progesterone/IUI #2 = BFP!!! EDD 10/16/13
    Beta #1 - 18, progesterone 37.5, Beta #2 - 29, Beta #3 - 27
    FU IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *2/13 Switched REs and IUI #3 is pending for March.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Blog: When things go wrong
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://chinese.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_room-blocks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:b9813289-7ab6-495a-9469-d316fd3eca25Post:70d78ade-feb4-409b-b67e-1c1e5b240aa6">Room Blocks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know of the best room block rates downtown Milwaukee? We will be getting married at the Wisconsin Club on 9th and Wisconsin and would like to keep it close. Any suggestions?
    Posted by heidisue07[/QUOTE]

Your best bet, is to look up a few hotels that are near your location and then look up reviews on them or maybe some ladies will have good rec's for you.  Hotel pricing varies so much based on different factors that you will have to call to get the best idea for rates.  In the downtown area, they are all going to be reasonably close.  The 3 we held blocks at varied: $89, $ 119, $129 per night.  You will find some that are more than that, but not many less than the $89.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Hyatt and just set up a room block. It is very affordable and the entire hotel was renovated a few years back. I would highly recommend that you check it out! The room rate was $149 for king or 2 doubles. I did some research and found that it is very competitive, especially since even the Doubletree and Hampton Inn were between $130-150. Do your research and see what the weekend cost for a few hotels would be and then contact that hotel and ask for a group rate.
  • edited December 2011
    Don't forget to check the hotels parking/valet rates and provide that information as well.  I love the A-loft really hip and trendy and they have an indoor pool for the families with kids, however their valet is $22 a night and there is no self park option. 
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on the quality of the hotel rooms, it can vary.

We blocked out rooms at the Residence Inn on Plankinton which are $150/night and they are LARGE and BEAUTIFUL rooms - better than many of the surrounding hotels, I'd say.

We also blocked rooms at the Comfort Inn and Suites for $100/night.

You can check out the Hilton, Double Tree, Hyatt, Intercontinental, Hotel Metro
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MissBNicoleMissBNicole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a block at The Ambassador Inn for $79.99/night and another across the street at The Ambassador Hotel for $129.99/night.
  • edited December 2011
    I negotiated a room block with the Doubletree Hotel on 6th and WI.  I got them to include valet parking for my guests.  It's a very nice hotel!!
  • edited December 2011
    make sure you check the bed bug registry- www.bedbugregistry.com
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG  - the Bed Bug registry is disgusting!  I'm glad it's out there, but I was reading some of the reviews and NASTY!!!  YUCK!

You ladies have got to check it out! 

~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards