July 2012 Weddings

PSA: Starbucks Happy Hour

hi. my name is butterflyjumper. I am a Starbucks addict.

I usually just stick to "healthier" drinks - like plain coffee (I LOVE the new blonde roast) or an americano mmm or iced coffee with skim milk, or a skinny vanilla latte if I am feeling really frisky - but starting tomorrow is Starbucks Frappucino Happy Hour. It is basically a week-long holiday of half price frappucinos. I like to pretend that during this week, the calories I consume in these frappucinos immediately disappear and do not get stuck onto my belly fat. From may 4 to May 13, all frappucinos are half price from 3pm to 5pm.

You can get all frapps made with non-fat milk and no whipped cream and a lite base - I like the caffe vanilla Light frappucino, and a tall has 140 cals without whipped cream.

My cravings are now setting in just from typing this!!

Re: PSA: Starbucks Happy Hour

• Hahaha!  There is one in my building at work and it is so hard to stay away from their cake pops!

I think I may have to head down tomorrow for a green tea frappuccino though! Perfect for that afternoon slump.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_psa-starbucks-happy-hour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ea35c2f0-c027-4bbf-b022-ac14795cc7b6Post:86bb6efb-23c9-4a1c-972d-5f1263a3f738">Re: PSA: Starbucks Happy Hour</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha!  There is one in my building at work and it is so hard to stay away from <strong>their cake pops</strong>! I think I may have to head down tomorrow for a green tea frappuccino though! Perfect for that afternoon slump.
    Posted by penny12986[/QUOTE]

I love the cake pops!  I always get a venti peppermint hot chocolate when I go. Its so good.
    imageVacation
  • butterfly, Funfetti dip and now frapuccinos!? Thank goodness there are only 5 Starbucks within 2 blocks of my office building  . . . you jerk.

love you. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ahh you shouldn't have told me this. Other than chai, frappuccino are the only drink I get from Starbucks! Wow, I thought they were more calories than the one you listed.  I'll have to get mine on the weekend because i'm at work from 3-5pm and there's no Starbucks in Downtown Detroit, at least none that I know of.
  • THis just made my life :)  I LOVE starbucks and also try to stay away from it but I am with you on pretending that next will not count :)
  • MMMmmm... mocha chip frapp is my fave :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I to am a Starbucks Addict.  I got my gold card in the mail last week Embarassed  I will definitely be going once or twice for this deal.  My girls love Starbucks too ( I swear they dont drink coffee!) and their favorite thing is the Strawberries & Cream Frappucino so we will head in for that for sure.  
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a recovering Starbucksaholic. I used to go everyday, but relaized how much money and calories I wasted. lol. My fav is the Caramel Light frappuccino...so so good!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OMG last year I went like every single day. Thankfully it's been super cold here lately so I'm not even craving a frappuccino. But my favorite is a coffee light frap with non fat milk and caramel drizzled on top. Mmmmm......
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ehhh, I am going to be the debbie downer and say I don't really care for starbucks and I have some close to me. I love Dunkin Donuts! especially their iced teas!! yum! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ugh; I would KILL for a caramel frappuccino.  Damn Italy. 
    weddingcake-1
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_psa-starbucks-happy-hour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ea35c2f0-c027-4bbf-b022-ac14795cc7b6Post:fc9a8820-b5ef-4507-b449-344caab136d7">Re: PSA: Starbucks Happy Hour</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh; I would KILL for a caramel frappuccino.  Damn Italy. 
    Posted by Nancy00714[/QUOTE]

They don't have one? I'm surprised! They seem to be everywhere else I'm not. I still don't get how Peru has billions of Starbucks and they won't come here yet. Peru!!! Not fair!

Anyway all I have to say people is to STAY AWAY from those creme based frappuccinos!! Luckily they finally changed their recipes but the original creme base was disgustingly full of calories. Even now if it's non fat milk and no whipped cream, it's still tons of sugar and calories. I used to work there for years and as much as my friends and I loved the classic coffee cake, once we discovered the nutrition facts on the box.. we never ate it again. Almost 500 calories and 55% saturated fat. I will never forget that. 55%!! That's more than half!! But man is it good! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards