New York-Long Island

Fox Hollow?

I am really hesitant to check out the Fox Hollow because I know they have more than one bride at a time, and I am really looking to be the only bride... can any Fox Hollow brides weigh in here and tell me how their experience was?  Fox Hollow would be a good location for our wedding for a variety of reasons (hotel on-site, good location, good price, the right look), but I'm really hesitant about sharing "my day" with other weddings.
imagemy to-read shelf:
Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)

Re: Fox Hollow?

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i didnt get married there (or anywhere that had more than one event) for the same reason. i've been a guest there many many times and you certainly do see the other events and guests-at cocktail time, bathrooms, outdoor areas, etc... not separate at all.
    if you dont want to share go elsewhere. there are plenty of hotels around etc..

• edited December 2011
    I would check it out anyway.  I visited there twice, yesterday being the second time.  I had narrowed it down to 2 places, and Fox Hollow was one.  They do multiple weddings, but I felt as if they were so experienced that it wouldn't be a problem. Yes, there is the multiple parties meeting in the bathroom thing, but everything is quite scheduled (almost annoyingly so) so that there isn't overlap. It is really pretty, and the grounds are amazing, so I'd check it out. Also, I was given a tour of the hotel. It's so nice. Defintiely nice if you have out of town guests coming in. Takes about a minute to walk there.

If you only want one wedding at a time, the North Ritz Club is a little bit west of Fox Hollow. My cousin got married at North Ritz and it was nice.  What you get in privacy, however, you lose in ambiance.  I thought that the food there was very good.  It had been first on my list when I went out hall hunting.  Very nice lady there showed me around.  They have a nice bridal suite, nice entrance way, pretty grounds, but I'd say the ballroom was average.  Totally private though.
    edited December 2011
    sara-have you ever attended anything there? i promise you there's overlap-and a ton of it.

• angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Steph! My sister had her reception there in one of the halls...the wedding was held in a church at a different location so not sure what the ceremony experience would be like. When we did our pictures around the grounds we didn't see any of the other weddings. I suggest visit them on a Saturday or Sunday and see how it is.

Best of luck!
    -Angelica
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for the input, everyone!

imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Haven't been on here in ages but popped back on to look something up.  It appears to be Alithebride's personal mission to steer people away from the Fox Hollow.  I wish I knew why.  I got married there 3 years ago and it was lovely.  And TRUST me, I was concerned about the more than one wedding thing.  There was no other wedding at the same time as mine, so I guess I lucked out.  There was another wedding entering the location as my wedding ended but the overlap was quite minimal.  It was a lot less overlap than some of the bigger "factory" type places like Crest Hollow and Jericho Terrace (and I've been to nice weddings at both places).  I wish I knew what Ali's problem with FH was..  she's been ranting against them for 7 years!  

North Ritz is nice as well but I didn't like that their ballroom was in the basement with no windows.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks fishy!  We actually went ahead and booked at Fox Hollow - none of the other "one event" places in our price range even came close to offering what Fox Hollow offers, both in appearance and variety of the menu.  Plus, several of the "one event" places told us that our wedding is so "small" (130ish) that they would accept a booking of either a wedding or another party in our cocktail hour room at the same time that our reception would be going on in the main room... so "one event" really only meant "one event" if you were having 200+ people.  Glad to hear your wedding with FH was lovely.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    i've been there for a few weddings and you would never know there were more going on at a time. they really do keep both brides away from eachother and have everything timed out. the only time you know is when you are in the bathroom and see someone standing next to you and they arent anyone you know lol
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_fox-hollow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:246e5026-bc01-49d4-9e15-ed9b2baf52c7Post:ab36d5de-1fb2-4a7a-81b5-ac069dd837e0">Re: Fox Hollow?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haven't been on here in ages but popped back on to look something up.  It appears to be Alithebride's personal mission to steer people away from the Fox Hollow.  I wish I knew why.  I got married there 3 years ago and it was lovely.  And TRUST me, I was concerned about the more than one wedding thing.  There was no other wedding at the same time as mine, so I guess I lucked out.  There was another wedding entering the location as my wedding ended but the overlap was quite minimal.  It was a lot less overlap than some of the bigger "factory" type places like Crest Hollow and Jericho Terrace (and I've been to nice weddings at both places).  I wish I knew what Ali's problem with FH was..  she's been ranting against them for 7 years!   North Ritz is nice as well but I didn't like that their ballroom was in the basement with no windows.
    Posted by fishy24[/QUOTE]
    LOL i dont believe i've ever ranted. Ive answered honestly-which is what I believe that those who come to ask questions want to hear. i think i 'vebeen to 10 events there over the last 7 years alone and on the whole-fine-but there were many reasons we didnt even consider it for our wedding. i'm not crazy about crest hollow either. went to jericho terrace maybe 5 years ago. wasn't impressed. i guess growing up in the area and going to fox hollow and crest hollow and woodbury country club for office functions, school functions and weddings forever gives more of a look than a one time visit.

• edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking-- how much the price per person at Fox Hollow, including open bar, etc?

Just starting to look at places and I've heard great things about Fox Hollow-- but we have no idea what prices we should be expecting. 

• edited December 2011
    Alana&Chris - I PM'ed you.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • I was wondering  about the new room in Fox Hollow, if anyone one has information. I called but no one has gotten back to me, i would also love to know a ball park figure in price please help! 
  • In Response to Re:Fox Hollow?:[QUOTE]I was wondering nbsp;about the new room in Fox Hollow, if anyone one has information. I called but no one has gotten back to me, i would also love to know a ball park figure in price please help!nbsp; Posted by Melis324[/QUOTE]

They don't give price quotes over the phone. But GO! You will love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards