Snarky Brides

PS3

I know a lot of women have FIs who play video games. I don't know if any of you know but the PSnetwork was been down for a long while now so I thought I would share this with you because it is a threat.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/sonys-playstation-network-hacked-leaving-up-to-77-million-exposed/story-fn7x8me2-1226045466699

Someone hacked the PS network and stole information. Which means if you buy stuff online they have the potential to get your credit card information. They also have personal information, so I would get your H or FI to change their passwords. Sony shut down the PS network to investigate.

Just thought I'd share.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PS3

• Phew. Glad Brandon's best friend went with an X-box as our wedding present, lol.
  • Thanks for the info, avs! We have a PS3 and use it occasionally so I will make sure we change our PWs.

How is the pup?
  • Yeah, I gotta go in and change our passwords and everything. I don't THINK our credit card info is on it because I've had to add it every time. They also don't think anyone got the credit card info but they can't rule it out either.
  • Thanks! We have one, but we don't tend to buy anything online with it. I will tell DH to change his password though.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Noodle is losing his damn mind over this as we speak.  He's so paranoid about the Interwebs and techology in general, this is like one of his worst nightmares.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ps3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb7fbfe2-e2d9-402a-ad75-0fa479b36173Post:b8bbe5c7-40c0-447f-b6b9-4a050750d76b">Re: PS3</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the info, avs! We have a PS3 and use it occasionally so I will make sure we change our PWs. How is the pup?
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

The pup is good. I called to make an appointment with chiropractor today who was supposed to call me back tonight. I'm pretty annoyed they haven't.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ps3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb7fbfe2-e2d9-402a-ad75-0fa479b36173Post:e9736593-fe46-4c2a-9205-c6af18230285">Re: PS3</a>:
    [QUOTE]Noodle is losing his damn mind over this as we speak.  He's so paranoid about the Interwebs and techology in general, this is like one of his worst nightmares.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

I'm sitting here having a mini anxiety attack. I feel his pain haha.
  • Thanks. I'm sure J has heard about this; we don't do any online gaming. The only online access we do is to Netflix. But I'll have him check it to make sure.

The VAST majority of our PS3 usage is as a Blu-Ray player and Netflix, which we can also do with our Wii. We can also do it upstairs, but can't add new movies to the online queue upstairs through the Blu-Ray player.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ps3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb7fbfe2-e2d9-402a-ad75-0fa479b36173Post:e48d4846-31da-4be4-9864-e42089f9fd81">Re: PS3</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PS3 : The pup is good. I called to make an appointment with chiropractor today who was supposed to call me back tonight. I'm pretty annoyed they haven't.
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear he is doing well. A chiropractor for the pup? I didn't know they did that!
  • Your welcome everyone. I wasn't sure how many people knew since I jut found out. I figured it had to be something serious since nobody has been able to get on for over a week now.

Musical, yeah I just found out not that long ago lol. I thought it was pretty neat.. A woman we see at the dog park quite often, remembered our dog and someone gave her a card for one so she gave it to us. When he fell, I heard people went to chiropractors but my city is lame and I really didn't expect one to be here. The only bad part, is I need to make an appointment before Friday since after Monday, we're not going to be in the city until September.
  • Ohh good luck getting the appt!
  • Thanks OP!! We've been wondering wth happened but I never even thought to Google it...we just figured our wireless was being sh*tty...
  • Thanks Musical :)

Utopia, FI's friend just happened to post about it. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed. I thought PSN was just being dumb haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards