Texas-San Antonio
Options

texas marriage prep question

Hey girls...
I am actually getting married in Austin, but live in SA.   My FI and I want to do a marriage prep course.  I am Catholic and he is Methodist, so we are not getting married in a church b/c we didn't wwant the ceremony to only focus on one of our faiths.  I would like the marriage prep to involve christian aspects; however.  Does anyone have recommendations?   I'm getting married at the end of October, so we need to get on this asap :)

Thanks!

Re: texas marriage prep question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes!! We did ours at Community Bible church off 1604. They run sessions all the time and you just have to pay for the books. We got a certificate that saved us about 65 dollars on the marriage license.

Best part is? You don't have to be a member to sign up.

http://www.communitybible.com/ministries/pastoral_care/premarital_prep.php
  • Options
    jgele2jgele2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!  YOu are the best :)  You've been very helpful with sharing all your thoughts!  I appreciate  that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure thing!! Always here to help where I can. :)
  • Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also a course offered by the state that is free.  It's a one day course, offered on Saturdays.  It takes the whole day, but it also saves you $60 on your marriage license.  However, it doesn't involve religion because it is a state thing.  The website is www.twogetherintexas.com and then you can pick your location.  That website also gives you information about other pre-marital programs that are offered in your area. 
  • Options
    JCM10JCM10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can still do Catholic marriage prep and meetings with a pastor or a priest even if you're not getting married in the church. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards