Honeymoon Discussions

Breezes in Curacao?

We're going to Breezes in Curacao after our wedding on October 2nd.  Anyone been there or know anyone who's visited?  We're looking for recommendations for restaurants/activities in the area. Thanks!
Scrabble high score: 531

Re: Breezes in Curacao?

• dh and i spent a week there a few years ago, its my fave island. we didn't stay at breezes but we went there to pick up/drop off our rental car to the hertz desk in the lobby. rent a car. the island is super easy to get around. we basically went to different beaches every day and went snorkeling. we stayed at our timeshare's sistr resort so we had a huge place (like ours in mexico) living room, full kitchen, tremendous balcony, etc.. we went grocery shopping a few times and generally packed luches for every day. for dinners we walked over to hemingways (you'd walk down the beach on the left side of breezes-ther's about 5 really good beach restaurants and bars that way). we also went to fort nassau for dinner one night. not to be missed! make a reservation for sunset and sit on the terrace. the views are spectacular. playa lagun was my favorite beach and excellent snorkeling. there's a cute beach bar there as well. go to the booksore or libraruy and get yourselves a book and a good map of the island. bring your snorkel stuff. at the beaches there's nowhere to rent them. and bring a good underwater camera-the fish are great. it's the best snorkeling i've done-and you just walk right in from the beach. NO need for excursions. we also visited the sea aquarium on a rainy afternoon and it was a lot of fun (it was right next to our resort-actually our balcony overlooked the dolphin area which made for great afternoons of wine and cheese on the balcont watching it).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards