Christian Weddings

Any other Christian wedding boards?

Does anyone know of any other websites that have forums for Christan brides-to-be?  I'm going to stop using the Knot boards because I'm sick of everyone being so rude all the time.  I always have only the best intentions and I'm answered with the meanest remarks.  I think people are used to dealing with B****es and they don't understand that I'm not one.

Anyway... any recommendations?  Also, any good Bible verses for when you feel like the whole world is against you?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any other Christian wedding boards?

• edited December 2011
    There are a LOT of people on these boards that really aren't very nice...but I've found this Christian board to be wonderful. I mostly stick with my month board and local board, people are pretty great on those ones. I don't know about any other Christian boards though.
  • hanson2Bhanson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks... I haven't been on this board much because I felt like I always would have to ask about things directly related to Christianity, but maybe I'll hang around here more and just ask all my questions here, and see how that goes.  It is refreshing just to read your post that isn't harsh and critical :)  Thanks for lifting my spirits!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You're welcome :) A lot of us do post about things directly Christian related, but you're more than welcome to shoot ideas our way too! I just posted my engagement pictures, which isn't really a Christian related topic, but its something I was excited to share with the girls here. Hope to keep seeing you around!!
  • edited December 2011
    I echo your sentiments to a degree, OP -- I just stay away from the posts that are going to bring a lot of cruel remarks from that board.  Lurking for a while on the board has given me some insight to the overall tone of the board.  Maybe you can stick around this one -- we like to share ideas and support each other.  I'm fairly new to this board too, but find a board that fits your style and gives you encouragement as you plan for this momentous time in your life! 

Hope to see more of you.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stick around here!  People on the other boards are mean.  I don't know of other Christian wedding sites, unfortunately.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to see more non-Christian related posts here.  I like to see this board as a community of Christian brides-to-be and former brides who share with each other.  I know that the purpose of the board is to get opinions from other Christians regarding Christian topics, but there are only so many questions that can be asked.  Other boards are not necessarily theme based although they are named such that they would follow a theme.  (Example - the "Etiquette" board only has about 1/2 of their posts that relate to etiquette!) 

I'd like to get to know you all better so I hope that you, Hanson2B, and others will feel free to post things that are not necessarily related to just Christian brides (or those wanting to incorporate Christian themes and ideas into their weddings)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_other-christian-wedding-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:9ee870db-3fba-4651-a9e2-7cd2a17d99a9Post:1e80e54e-a284-474a-8c5f-c645719a52e3">Re: Any other Christian wedding boards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'd like to see more non-Christian related posts here.  I like to see this board as a community of Christian brides-to-be and former brides who share with each other.  I know that the purpose of the board is to get opinions from other Christians regarding Christian topics, but there are only so many questions that can be asked.  </strong>Other boards are not necessarily theme based although they are named such that they would follow a theme.  (Example - the "Etiquette" board only has about 1/2 of their posts that relate to etiquette!)  I'd like to get to know you all better so I hope that you, Hanson2B, and others will feel free to post things that are not necessarily related to just Christian brides (or those wanting to incorporate Christian themes and ideas into their weddings)
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

This! If this is okay with everyone, I plan on asking non "Christian-topic" questions as I get closer to my wedding :)
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree, I thought I'd find my home in the Military board since I thought that I'd have a neat connection to them since we're all going through the same situation (FI is in the Army), but some (not all) of those ladies over there are just monsters! There's a lot of judgement and a lot of attitude. Especially towards younger brides. I've seen so many young brides (on many different boards) be ripped apart and lectured on their age and how they are not yet ready for marriage. Half of the time, these brides were posting something totally unrelated to their age, yet it was always brought up and scrutinized. The Christian board however, is totally different. I was so glad to discover this. There is so much support, love and encouragement. I'm definitely sticking around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards