North Carolina

I'm addicted to wedding blogs!!!!

I have a problem. I follow any and all wedding blogs I can. My latest find, The Elegant Owl, Wedding Inspiration for the Imaginative Bride, has some cute ideas for bridesmaid gifts.

http://elegantowl.blogspot.com/2010/02/gifting-girls-hand-crafted-necklaces-by.html

I don't think this is something they would wear for the wedding. Plus, I just can't see dropping the cash for five of these necklaces (3 for my BM and 2 for my sisters). Is $68 a high for a bridesmaid gift? I figure this will be one of my last purchases before the big day. I guess if we didn't buy their dresses already I would be more willing to spend the $68 dollars. Oh, I'm also planning on paying to get their hair done.

Advice?

Oh, do I get a gift for my three flower girls?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm addicted to wedding blogs!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I don't think $68 is alot for a girl, BUT I didn't buy their dresses or pay for their hair. If I did that, I would only get them something small ($20ish) unless I had a big budget (but didn't).

Maybe reconsider paying for their hair, so you can spend more money on a gift.
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only wedding I'vebeen in recently, the bride had a spa day in lieu of the bm lunch, and paid for everyone to get manis/pedis or something else if you didn't want either of those (some people have foot issues!), and provided lunch, and then got us each something small as a traditional gift  (I got a vase -- the price tag was still sort of on, so I could tell it came from Ross and was $10.00, but it was something she personally picked out for me and price didn't matter!).  I thought that was more than enough.

I think I'm going to try to do the spa thing also, and try to find affordable pashminas or scarves for the girls, since the wedding is in Oct so they might need something to keep warm! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm addicted to wedding blogs too! My email box at work gets full because I'm subscribed to so many!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards