July 2012 Weddings
Options

Which vendors should be tipped?

I am having the following vendors involved in my day... any guidance on which should be tipped and the customary amount? Also, just wondering, how are you handling the distribution of your tips? Who is doing this and when? Thanks!

-Photographer (owner)
-Photog assistant (not an owner)
-Videographer (owner)
-Videographer assistant (not an owner)
-DOC and assistant
-Church coordinator
-Venue coordinator
-DJ (reception)
-Transportation ppl (aka car and shuttle bus drivers)
-Organist (ceremony music)
-Caterer manager
-Lighting / staging guy
-Florist (and delivery / set-up ppl)
-Hair stylist
-Make-up artist

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Which vendors should be tipped?

• Options
    There was this awesome thing floating around Pinterest...but since I can't access that site at work, here is another useful article;

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/226661/tipping-wedding-vendors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    People who own their company I'm not tipping at all. For us, that's nearly everyone: hair & make-up and DJ are family friends, the photographers and florist are self-employed. But now that you mention it, I might tip the florist's set-up person. 

The only people we would have left after that are the limo driver, the venue DOC and venue servers/bartenders. Our venue tacks on a 20% service charge which I KNOW doesn't go directly to those people but the service charge really FUCKING pisses me off so I'm not tipping any extra unless they completely blow me out of the water. The limo guy my FI or I will tip 20% at the end of the night. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_which-vendors-should-be-tipped?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:b0e7aa87-cd94-4296-8134-7a66a0c02f5cPost:5230fd5e-bfcd-4135-90a7-80776a181fa5">Re: Which vendors should be tipped?</a>:
    [QUOTE]People who own their company I'm not tipping at all. For us, that's nearly everyone: hair & make-up and DJ are family friends, the photographers and florist are self-employed. But now that you mention it, I might tip the florist's set-up person.  The only people we would have left after that are the limo driver, the venue DOC and venue servers/bartenders. <strong>Our venue tacks on a 20% service charge which I KNOW doesn't go directly to those people but the service charge really FUCKING pisses me off so I'm not tipping any extra unless they completely blow me out of the water.</strong> The limo guy my FI or I will tip 20% at the end of the night. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no on is getting tipped extra whether they're an owner or a non owner...you get paid for what you do...no extra is necessary...I may consider our photographer...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards