New Jersey

Anyone have 19 Bridal Attendants?

I was doing my daily read on weddingbee and found the most ridiculous list of Bridal Attendants:

1 MaidOH, 1 MatronOH, 17 BMs + 2 Flower girls!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sorry if this is snarky.. but I had to share..

http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/pwp2/view/MemberPage.aspx?coupleid=9821800126393185&pid=3173398

and to think someone (a stupid person) said I was having a circus with 8 BMS!

Re: Anyone have 19 Bridal Attendants?

• edited December 2011
    Oh my god!!!  That's just asking for drama!

Most of her BMs are friends... I don't think I have half that number of girl friends... nevermind close enough friends that I'd ask them to be in my wedding party!
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh my! It's nice that she has so many friends, but at that point I think I'd tell people it was family-only and just leave the friends out entirely if I couldn't pick and choose between them.

Our photographer was very relieved to hear that we were only having two attendants apiece and no kids. He said he once shot a wedding with a giant WP and it was chaos all around. And I have to say, having only two bridesmaids made things SO easy for me.

Is a "line sister" also a sorority sister?
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to be the one listed as "second best friend"
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    Haha I was totally laughing about the poor 2nd best friend!

I want to see their pics SO bad!! Any idea if she has posted any?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_anyone-19-bridal-attendants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ac519d87-2b19-41b6-9329-c24c2c7e5cf1Post:923779f2-f542-468a-8e0a-a51757f5e469">Re: Anyone have 19 Bridal Attendants?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to be the one listed as "second best friend"
    Posted by smw42[/QUOTE]
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I'm not sure if people follow etiquette in MS but this was on her registry page on her knot site:

They have their dishes and towels for two.
    They have pots and pans and oven mitts too.
    So what do you get for the Bride & Groom,
    Whose house is setup in every room?
    Their house needs repairs and some upgrades too,
    But you cannot register for carpet and glue.
    A well that holds wishes is the way to go,
    So let’s make it easy for all that know.
    An envelope will be provided for those who have room,
    To give a monetary wish to the Bride and Groom.
    A wishing well will be on display at the reception hall,
    To attach your wishes, for the couple, with love from all.

• Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    I saw that.....oy....An envelope will be provided
  • JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't even have that many female friends IRL. Good lord!
  • edited December 2011
    so. much. wrong.
  • edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding that had 7 BM's and it was the groom that had the circus! 7 official GM but then there were 10 ushers that they included them in everything as a part of the bridal party. We were all in a party bus together and trying to get everyone together for pictures was chaos. I still don't know if they got a shot with everyone. After taking about 10 different pictures you see 3 of the guys running across the parking lot because they forgot about taking pictures lol.
  • edited December 2011
    I had 9 girls, he had 7 guys and I thought that was crazy. Wow
    *~allie~*

• DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whoa!  tacky tacky tacky!   We only have 3 on each side.  I feel bad leaving my future sister in laws out but they are participating by doing readings and singing at the ceremony..... I think in the end it helped them out financially to not have to buy a dress and contribute to the bridal shower/bachelorette party.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_anyone-19-bridal-attendants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ac519d87-2b19-41b6-9329-c24c2c7e5cf1Post:c68d6149-608c-41b6-a03e-c36fb93608c8">Re: Anyone have 19 Bridal Attendants?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is a "line sister" also a sorority sister?
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

yup. certain sororities pledge "on a line" so they call each other "line sisters" instead of "pledge sisters" if they pledge at the same time, but it essentially means the same thing.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We have 8 and 8 and I think that is a lot!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_anyone-19-bridal-attendants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ac519d87-2b19-41b6-9329-c24c2c7e5cf1Post:2bdf446f-f94a-45cd-94d1-2b57e5b15ae7">Re: Anyone have 19 Bridal Attendants?</a>:
    [QUOTE]so. much. wrong.
    Posted by Just Jen[/QUOTE]
    exactly what I was thinking.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    OH. MY. GOD! I'm stunned, just stunned.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_anyone-19-bridal-attendants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ac519d87-2b19-41b6-9329-c24c2c7e5cf1Post:923779f2-f542-468a-8e0a-a51757f5e469">Re: Anyone have 19 Bridal Attendants?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to be the one listed as "second best friend"
    Posted by smw42[/QUOTE]

<div>I saw that! If she has that many friends, then sure - her bridal party is fine for her. I just don't think it's nice to quantify the friendship level for each girl!</div>
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards