Missouri-Kansas City

Asa (Orrin-Brown) Photography?

Has anyone dealt with him?  His pictures are STUNNING and it looks like he's just starting out so his prices are pretty good.  I'm just worried about getting burned.  Thanks!

Re: Asa (Orrin-Brown) Photography?

• If you're looking for another option, try Jesse Blacklaw Photography.  http://jesseblacklawphotography.zenfolio.com/

She's not just starting out but is new to the KC area and gave us a great deal. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like the other post, I have not worked with your suggested photographer but my photographer had a similar style....creative angles, captured certain moments, color,  journalistic. You may check him out and compare.  I absolutely loved my photog's work, he communicated often with us and was extremely easy and comfortable to work with.  At the wedding and reception, i barely noticed him in the room because he was so incognito...but that's how he captures those moments...when you think no one is watching.

One Tree Photography
    Matt Frye
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
  • I had a friend of mine have their wedding done by him and his wife drew last year.. She said they were terribly unprofessional, rude, and it took her forever to get her images, and she was less than impressed with her final images. I can forward you her information if you'd like to ask about her experience. 
  • edited June 2012
    There were some real problems with my ex wife, and the business she started that I helped with (Orrin-Brown Photography).  I am truely sorry for the brides that were hurt by her; I myself left the marriage because I was tired of being hurt.  By Asa Photography has nothing to do with her, and she is no longer a part of my family's life.  If you or any other brides are interested in talking, I am more than happy to provide as many refrences as you would like.  Customer service is VERY importnat to me, and I do wedding photography because I love being a part of other's joyous occasions.  

My new business is still young, and so I've started with low rates.  I don't have much overhead, so I can provide an excellent value, and am currently reinvesting everything I make into new equiptment.  I lost a lot of what I had to the pawn shop via my ex wife.  I shoot with a lot more lighting equiptment than most other wedding photographers, and sincerely doubt there is anyone else in the metro area offereing a better value than me.  I fully understand any hesitation you all might have, and am willing to work extra hard to prove myself if you give me the chance.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_asa-orrin-brown-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:e6c32de4-10b5-4849-a633-4f439da60ee3Post:1af0956c-f101-4443-98d2-656719766701">Asa (Orrin-Brown) Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone dealt with him?  His pictures are STUNNING and it looks like he's just starting out so his prices are pretty good.  I'm just worried about getting burned.  Thanks!
    Posted by kellieinkc[/QUOTE]

DO NOT TRUST HIM!! HE RUINED MY WEDDING BY TAKING MY MONEY, NOT SHOWING UP, NOT RETURNING PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS. I DON'T HAVE PROFESSIONAL WEDDING PHOTOS BECUASE OF THIS MAN!!!!
  • In Response to Asa (Orrin-Brown) Photography?:

Yes- I recently worked with him for my wedding and he was WONDERFUL! I think all the negative posts before were a result of an angry ex wife trying to destroy him. Its really sad.

Asa is very polite, professional and takes beautiful photos. I plan on working with him again this spring for some family pictures. I would HIGHLY recommend you sit down and speak with him. It doesn’t hurt to form your own opinions & you might be as pleasantly surprised as I was on his work. He is a great person and I feel very blessed to have met him.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards