Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Alcohol

We are having between 100-150 people at our wedding. We are also planning on having an open bar!

What type of alcohol should we buy and things to go with it (juice)? Any specific suggestions or experience you'd like to share? 

Also, how much should we buy???

Re: Alcohol

• Options
    Most bigger liquor stores at least around here have someone that helps calculate how much people will need for events weddings, fundraisers, etc. Have you tried calling any yet? Or this http://www.realsimple.com/holidaysentertaining/weddings/weddingwineliquorcalculator00000000008314/index.html
  • Options
    I would do a variety of things like rum, vodka, taquilla and whiskey. Typically, a well quality up to a better quality.

Mixers should be cranberry, OJ, pineapple juice, variety of sodas, etc.

Are you hiring a bartender? They would have quite a bit of suggestions, typically. In addition to suggested garnishments (lime wedges, cherries, etc.)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I am having the same guest list #s, and had initially planned on having an open bar.  We are providing all of the alcohol, and hired a bartender.  The more I started to think about it, the more stressed I got about the whole liqour situation.  What if we ran out of rum and tequila and all that was left is grenadine and vodka?  Should I make a drink menu?  What if people want several different types of drinks, and we run out of glasses?  

So...we nixed the open liqour and decided to just have a bride/groom signature cocktail along with beer and wine.  That way, we only have to worry about buying the specific alcohol, mixer, and garnish that pertain to the drink we choose.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! The bartender is included with our catering. Maybe my caterer will have some ideas. We will prob. buy our alcohol on the base because it is usually cheaper and tax free!! I guess I'll have to make a list. Good call on the garnishes...I completely forgot about that!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Some places let you return unopened bottles, so that would be something to look into before you decide where to buy.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards