Louisiana-New Orleans

Board of Trade brides or really anyone- should we second line to quarter?

Emily from Get Polished tells me that she has had weddings where they leave the Board of Trade and do a second line to the quarter. I really want to do it because we have lots of out of towners that I think would love it- but do yall think its too far?
And would it be weird to just choose a bar and have the second line band leave us there?
I'm so torn!
Thanks!

Re: Board of Trade brides or really anyone- should we second line to quarter?

• edited December 2011
    We second lined from our reception and ended up at a bar- our band took us right inside Pat O'Briens, and continued playing in the courtyard! It was pretty insane, and our guests loved it....so, no, I don't think it would be weird to have your second line end up at a bar ;)
    ~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely do it! One of the best decisions we made was to do a second line parade (even though ours was the night before the wedding - from our RD to a Bar in the Quarter that we rented out). Our guests keep telling us it's one of the best wedding "events" they've been a part of.
  • edited December 2011
    We were married two weeks ago in the French Quarter and did a Second Line from the church to reception, approx 8 blocks.  The out of town guests loved it!  It was a challege to walk in my dress with the umbrella and bouquet in hand while avoiding the horse poop.  But was worth it!!!  I'd say if you have the Second Line end at a bar, no problem! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards