Texas-San Antonio

Nice location

So, I'll be getting married the 2nd weekend of May next year and I need a Venue. I would prefer to have a place with a ceremony and reception site. Outdoor/indoor. I would like a catering option, and to be able to bring my own alcohol. I would also like the site to provide tables, chairs and linens. I really don't want to spend more than 1500.00. ( I know thats probably unrealistic, but my wedding will be on a Sunday and I know a lot of places have better deals then) I'm willing to spend 3,000 tops for the site ( as long as they provide tables, chairs, linens, silverware). and 5,000 for food, drinks, and entertainment for 125-150 people ( is that reasonable for the area???) I'm just so confused and overwhelemed....
Where did you have your reception/ceremony and what did the site include?

Re: Nice location

• edited December 2011
    I'd say go with my venue then! We used Gardens at West Green...just got married there on March 13 this year.  It's all outdoors...a property off IH-10 West (opposite side of Dominion..near Frederich park).  They provide chairs, tables, and white linens...and the chairs are the pretty white wooden ones (an added plus :) ).  I paid under $1500 but I also got a last minute deal cause our venue fell thru and they had just had a cancellation.  But I would definitely bargain on the price...I'm sure you can get it in your price range. You can pick whoever for food and you can bring your own alcohol. Only additional expense is security guard...which is normal...which I also have a recommendation for that.  I really need to do my vendor reviews to share all this with everyone. Here are a few pics of the wedding my photographer posted on her blog...there are some where you can really see the venue http://blog.ccportraitdesign.com/?p=245 Definitely check it out...it's a really pretty venue and convenient cause you can have it all in one place. And easy to find for guests! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using The Grande Hall at the Hofmann Ranch in Castroville.  It's is very nice and the people are wonderful.  There are two different options for outside venues and then they have a beautiful hall that we are using for the reception.  I'm not sure about Sundays there, but their rate for Friday is $2000 and Mon - Thurs is only $1000 (Sat is $3000).  They require you use Castroville Cafe for the caterer, but they are wonderful as well and have reasonable prices.  It's a beer and wine venue only, but you purchase it yourself and the caterer serves it for you (they have a nice bar area in the patio).  Security is included in the price.  Check out their website: www.hofmannranch.com

Good luck!

Beth
  • amc1217amc1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I tried calling the Gardens at West Green (did I get the name right) three times and never got a call back!  I can't believe you could bring in your own alcohol, I really wish I had heard back from them.  Glad you got a great deal and a good experience. :)
  • amc1217amc1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not recommend Rio Plaza downtown.  Before my wedding (March 20th), I would have recommended them heavily, but I had a pretty negative experience with the event manager and I won't recommend them now.  The venue is unique, which is what we wanted, and I think their costs and fees are very reasonable, but the event coordinator, who seemed so great at first and was part of why we booked there, was in a bad mood or something during our wedding weekend and she was not at all the way we thought she would be.  So many details were missed or wrong, things were chaotic, she messed up on our ceremony music, and she radiated unfriendliness, even to me.  I'm still struggling to dismiss the black cloud she put over my day so I can focus on the happy memories.  I never imagined I would have such a negative experience on my wedding day.  I hope you find a great venue.  Before we chose Rio, we were seriously considering Pat O'Brien's.  They have lovely rooms upstairs and their prices were also pretty good.  I didn't find many places where you can bring in your own alcohol, that was our desire too but it didn't work out.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought of Granberry Hills? It sounds like everything you're looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards