Nebraska-Omaha

Venues

Okay, so I really need to get truckin on this main detail... Any feedback on Joslyn Museum, Joslyn Castle or Durham Museum?

Re: Venues

• edited December 2011
    I would choose one of the museums before the castle, but I think any of them would be a good choice.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reply Stacy, are there specific reasons why you wouldn't choose the castle?
  • edited December 2011
    The castle is kind of awkward on the inside. Kind of like having several rooms to have people in, so it depends on how many people you are having at the reception. I went to a friend's reception there once and it was kind of cramped. This is just my .02 so if you love the castle you should do it.
  • arat283arat283 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married in July at the Joslyn Art Museum and LOVED it! Our guests went away saying it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever been to. Our plan was to get married outside at the bottom of the steps or on the steps near the sculpture garden but because of chances of rain we moved inside to the fountain court ... absolutely beautiful setting! You should definitely check it out and Candace (the wedding coordinator) is wonderful to work with! I am hoping to get some photos posted soon so check out my profile later to see what it looked like!
    ~ Your wedding is all about YOU and your future husband ... don't let family and friends get in the way of letting you have your dream wedding! ~
  • ShellyK2015ShellyK2015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to add a sidenote on the castle-

My fiance and I were supposed to be married there in December and they completely screwed us out of our day. We spoke with them on the phone booking the specific day and when we went to visit (we both live out of state right now) they told us that they wrote our day down in October and not December and they had since booked someone else on our December day. They were extremely rude about the entire situation and acted like we were the ones in the wrong.

I am probably biased ;) but I wouldn't plan to do much there. While it is beautiful, I would rather have my ceremony/reception somewhere where the staff is competent and cares :)
  • edited December 2011
    the castle is amazing!!! but i was at a reception/dinner there and it was really crowded... and we ended up eating in a small room on the second floor... and we didnt even know when food was being served!!!  BUT it is beautiful! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards