Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Thoughts On Videographer??

I keep going back and forth on if we should hire a videographer for our wedding and reception. I would like it taped because it would be nice to watch and look back on but on the other hand it is an added expense and I feel like I may only look at the video maybe a couple of times and then store it away and not look at it again.

Please give me thoughts on to have one or to not have one.

Re: Thoughts On Videographer??

• lizbzilizbzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt the same way last year at my wedding. I finally decided to hire one, and I am so happy that I did. It is so much fun inviting family or friends over for drinks and dinner, and then watching the video. 

Think about ti this way.... 30 years from now, what do you think would be more exciting and reminiscent for either yourself or your children: flipping through your wedding album, or actually experieincing the day as it happened on a video? 
  • bruinsbuzzbruinsbuzz member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree with lizbzi, some things just can't be captured in a picture.  Of all days to be able to go back and relive... it's worth it on your wedding day.

Think of all the great things that you will be able to look back on, little nephews sweet dance moves long before they are grown up and starting families of their own.  Funny toasts made by people who love you.  Dancing with family members that aren't around anymore.  I mean the memories are priceless!Wink

It's totally worth it, and I'm sure you can find a videographer to work within your budget.  I find they are less expensive than photographers.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I would put more of your money and effort towards the photographer and get a budget videographer...more for documenting purposes
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not have one and it is one of my few regrets.  Sure I may not have watched it 100 times, but knowing I can NEVER watch it is hard to accept.

Also my wedding was the last time my grandmother was really "herself"--she began to decline shortly after and I would have loved to have had some footage of her along with my DH's grandmother who was 100 at our wedding.  These are things brides don't often think about until it is too late.
  • edited December 2011
    If you can find it in your budget, get one!   I didn't think I'd need one but I really wish I had hire one.  Some guests did their own videos so we have our vows on video but it's obviously not good quality. I have nothing of our dances  :(
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I've been struggling with video too.  I saw a post (not sure where exactly) about companies that provide Flip cams and then turn it into an edited video.  We're probably going to use Storymix.  I liked their samples and they have the best prices.  For $300 it seems like a good way to go.  

I just can't imagine not having my wedding to watch years from now.  I remember watching my parents video as a girl and thought it was so neat (although now it looks pretty cheezy - 80s big hair!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards