Massachusetts-Boston

Where are you going on your honeymoon? Who you book through?

We are thinking about an october honeymoon since I'm a teacher and september would not be a good month to go in. Costa Rica? Greek Islands? Were more explores and shopping king of people .  But also want somehwhere we can enjoy the culture and relax. Any suggestions? Thanks

Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon? Who you book through?

• Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like exploring and shopping, I seriously recommend Greece. We went over the summer (not honeymoon, we went on a family cruise) and it was amazing. My only wish is that we could go back and spend more time in certain places, like Mykonos and Katakolon. A day in each port wasn't nearly enough.

Costa Rica is also a great idea, I have 2 friends who went there for their honeymoons and had a great balance of adventure (ziplining and hiking) and relaxation.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Aruba on our HM and had a great time.  One of the reasons why we picked it was cause we just wanted to relax and not do anything for a few days.

However, if I had a chance to go to Greece I would jump on it in a heartbeat.  Everyone says how amazing it is, as Shazzie has stated. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Colleen at Simply Honeymoons, you could get in touch with her and get her opinion, she might be able to offer you some information on different places and budgets. Greek Islands would be a lot more expensive than Costa Rica.
  • edited December 2011
    Since there's talk about the Greek Islands, I thought I would give some suggestions. We didn't go there on our honeymoon but went there in 2009. It was our best trip ever (we didn't take a honeymoon). We went to Santorini, Athens and Mykonos.

Greece is amazing! It's the perfect mix of sun, culture and exploring. For romance, I would highly suggest Santorini. Our hotel was called Anastassis Apartments and if I could be back there now, I would drop everything. It's small but the service is exceptional and the view is unlike anything I've ever seen. It's a 30 min walk outside of the main city Fira and about a 2 hour hike from Oia (the town with the best sunsets). Oh, and it's affordable.
    I'm a planner so we booked everything on our own by using Tripadvisor.com. We've used user reviews for three trips and haven't had any issues yet. I highly recommend the site for research. They show traveler photos so you really get to see the place and not an enhanced hotel photo.

You may want to check if October is a good month for Greece. It's at the end of the season which is good (less crowds) but I'm not 100% sure about the weather.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you can afford to go to Greece for your honeymoon, do it! I've never been there but would love to! What about Spain or Italy? We're going to Maui, only because a friend of FI's has a condo in Maui and offered it to us for $40 a day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_going-honeymoon-book-through?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:ed462fe0-abb6-4422-8a70-884bce2c7b6cPost:15752c15-41bd-4ec1-9c42-e5a68fe7f711">Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon? Who you book through?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Colleen at Simply Honeymoons, you could get in touch with her and get her opinion, she might be able to offer you some information on different places and budgets. Greek Islands would be a lot more expensive than Costa Rica.
    Posted by megandjay[/QUOTE]

We used Coleen as well to book our Hawaiian honeymoon --- honeymoons are obviously her specialty and I can't recommend her enough. Definitely check her out during your price comparison....GL! Greece is next on our list :)

Here's her website: <a href="http://www.simplyhoneymoons.com/">http://www.simplyhoneymoons.com/</a>
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a day cruise around the mediterranean.  It leaves on the Friday after our wedding, and leaves from Rome.  We are flying to Italy on either Tuesday or Wednesday to have a few days to explore Italy.  We went through Liberty Travel, and she's helped us with the planning before the cruise, insurance, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    We did Greece at the end of September this year for our honeymoon, and I agree with Lauren above... the place is amazing! Tripadvisor gives great info. I actually did a review of our hotel (Andronis Luxury Suites in Santorini) under L_Hitchcock. The end of October is the end of the season there, not sure of the weather at that time (ours was high 70's and sunny the whole time). It will be a lot less busy as it was end of September for us. I guess it's not considered peak time so you can get a better deal and also it's a lot less crowded which is nice. If you go in October I'd go in the first two weeks (probably still mid 70's).

Athens is a city and it has a lot of great history, but it's a city and is dirty in a lot of areas but you go for the history. We stayed at the Electra Palace there and it was a very nice hotel. We went  for two nights then stayed in Santorini for the rest of the trip! I consider Santorini or Oia to be more exact, a piece of heaven! I highly recommend Andronis as we were treated as a king and queen and also recommend Petros at Hellenic Holidays if you are going to do Greece. We received a double upgrade in our suite at Andronis for working with him and being on our honeymoon. Everything was taken care of, even transfers so it was really easy! 
    I would go back in a heartbeat if we had that money again! Best place ever <:
    Here's a few pics below <:
    Our room at Andronis
    Pool at Andronis <:
    Oia Santorini Streets, filled with restaurants and little shops 

Our room key at Andronis
    Our view in Santorini

Breakfast every morning with a quote overlooking the Aegean Sea <:
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    thank you for all your responses so helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards