Military Brides

So don't know where to start!

Okay so I'm new here...
The FI and I are planning a romantic, destination wedding in Hawaii this summer, before he goes to his first duty station- But I don't know what I need to do in regards to the Army. Are there papers to fill out? Gah! I don't know....

Any tips or advice on the Army aspect, being an Army Wife, or Hawaii/ Beach/ Destination Weddings would be awesome.. Thank you all in advance!
* The soon to be Mrs. Christie *

Re: So don't know where to start!

• edited December 2011
    No the Army paperwork comes after you're married..lol.  However, some units/commands require that he inform them that he's getting married, he talk to the chaplin, etc.  You'd have to ask him about that.

Your marriage liscence is super important where  Army is concerned. You can't do anything without that.  So, do your research and make sure you know how the process works before tying the knot.  The destination weddings board is a good place to start.
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Just so you are aware, not everyone gets leave between AIT and reporting to their first duty station.  This is something you really need to be aware of.  I've known people who had to report into their new unit the very day they graduated.  I've known others who had 2 or 3 days.  I'm not trying to freak you out.  It's far better to consider this now than to be blindsided when he gets his orders a month before your wedding. 
    I would highly suggest you wait and pick a date after he gets to his duty station. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you both.
    In concern to his leave- he already discussed it with the "Powers that Be" that he gets leave before he is stationed. Mainly because his first station is his AIT station Haha

* The soon to be Mrs. Christie *
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Has he already left for training and discussed it with the unit he is going to be assigned to?   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards