Maine

Photog & DJ recommendations, please!

Looking for an experienced/ reasonably priced photographer that takes excellent photos in southern Maine and a fun DJ... who do you recommend??

Re: Photog & DJ recommendations, please!

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about a DJ because we went with a band, but I loved our photographers. They were awesome to work with and they were extremely reasonable for what they offer. As far as I know, they are located in Maine, but they cover all of New England at no additional charge.
    You can check them out at www.portraitnewengland.com
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographers are Birch Blaze Photography.  I found them reasonably priced, especially for the quality of work they do.  They haven't photographed us yet, but if you look at their blog you can see some NH and Maine weddings they've done. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    We got married in September and used Sidekick DJ Service in Brunswick and he was awesome! Everyone was asking who our DJ was and for days after our wedding we didn't stop hearing how awesome our DJ was and that he kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. The owners name is Logan Feeney.

Our photographer was Clare Norton, she is located in Westbrook and she is AMAZING to say the least. She is very reasonably priced and books very quickly! I know there are a handful of regulars on this board that have also used her and she's always been highly recommended. I went to 2 weddings that she was the photographer at before she did ours.
  • mboucher08mboucher08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    We used Jeff Rockwell for DJ, and WISH we could have used Clare Norton for a photographer. 

• edited December 2011
    thanks for all the posts!! i will look into them :)
  • brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lacie Clark is an AMAZING photographer!
  • edited December 2011
    For a photographer we're using Jen Lamoreau and she is VERYYY affordable!! I've seen pictures of weddings she's done and they're wonderful!  Definitely check out her prices & pictures!!

As for a DJ I'm hoping to hear back from Rod Gudroe.. Again he is very reasonably priced & I've seen him at 2 weddings which he kept the dance floor rocking all night!!  Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Clare Norton. We loved her! You can see some of our professional pics in my bio.

For DJ, I'd highly recommend Tom Morrisette. We booked him through Double Platinum Celebrations, and we LOVED him! He met with us a few times before the wedding to make sure everything was taken care of, he gave us lots of advice about how to time the wedding and acted as MC and coordinator on the day of, making sure everything went off without a hitch. I felt so relaxed knowing he was taking care of all of it. He played great music and kept the floor packed all night -- the guests even paid him an extra $100 to stay an extra hour so they could keep dancing! A true professional and a really really nice guy.
    Anniversary
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_photog-dj-recommendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:c3f96219-db4e-4e97-bf33-90400067394bPost:21609e76-2e53-4a0a-a4ca-6a9775c63d99">Re: Photog & DJ recommendations, please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For a photographer we're using <strong>Jen Lamoreau</strong> and she is VERYYY affordable!! I've seen pictures of weddings she's done and they're wonderful!  Definitely check out her prices & pictures!! As for a DJ I'm hoping to hear back from Rod Gudroe.. Again he is very reasonably priced & I've seen him at 2 weddings which he kept the dance floor rocking all night!!  Hope that helps!
    Posted by jpickering8[/QUOTE]

<div>She did our wedding.  She's pretty easy to work with, and we liked that she was open to our ideas.  But I will say, I was a little disappointed with the pictures.  I had to specifically ask her to go back and re-edit some of them.  Bad glasses glare (which never really go fixed) and it was *ahem* cold out that day, so I asked her to edit that out.  Also, there were 8-10 pictures of my shoes (in different locations), and 14-16 pictures of our rings, but very few (I felt) pictures of our guests.  And that made me sad, because those aren't pictures that I can ever get again.  Some of that is certainly my fault, by the time she was scheduled to arrive (perfectly on time), I was too far stressed to give any kind of direction.  I think I even said that to her when she showed up "Hi, I'm not making any more decisions, and I should probably go start getting ready, huh?"</div><div>
    </div>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• edited December 2011

A friend recommended High tech Entertainment out of Bangor! After speaking with the owner Mike I was so relieved. He also had great reviews... his infomation is below..I loved what he did at my wedding!

Dj Mike
    Hightechmaine.com

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Check out Ashley Therese Photography http://ashleytheresephotography.com/blog/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards