Connecticut

Check: DRESS! (some dress store reviews also)

Sorry for the length of my story in advance! 

I couldnt be any more excited that I found my dress!!! I went to four different places before finding my dress!  The first place I went to was Camille's in West Hartford, the girls were SO nice there and there was no rush at all! However, I found that the dress selection wasn't all that vast.  The second place I went was Mariella's Creations in Rocky Hill,  this place seemed like a mini-Klienfelds when I was there.  There were a TON of dresses to choose from, and most were very reasonably priced, except for one that I feel in love with.  My price range was between 1500 and 2000, and I made this very clear to the woman who helped me, who by the way was a complete doll! She had an amazing personality and was very easy going, a pleasure to work with.  However, she forgot to keep an eye on the prices, as the dress that I narrowed my selection down to was $4100.  Very disappointed I had to pass up the dress.  We then headed to The Wedding Dress in Portland, there was a good amount of dresses, however, there was only one mirror and I was sharing it with a bride who was having her first fitting.  It was pretty uncomfortable, then once I had narrowed it down to 2 dresses, the next client came in and I felt rushed.  The last and final place I went to was Stylish Impressions in Farmington.  It was a bit later in the day and the store was pretty quiet compared to the others.  The entire upstairs was lined with dresses and I was excited to have the entire place to ourselves.  I made it very clear about my budget and the sales girl said don't worry there is nothing more than $2100.  This was a relief.  I was able to find about 10 dress to try on to start with and the very first dress I put on was THE ONE!!!!!! I tried on the rest but kept comparing it to the first.  The sales girl was so nice, very knowledgable and a joy to work with.  She gave us plenty of time to decide!  The owner was there as well and she was very friendly, took the time to chat with us and made it clear that they were there to help make sure the dress came out perfectly! It was a wonderful experience!!  I was so glad that I decided to keep looking and found my dress instead of the expensive one from the second store.  I haven't thought about the other dress since and I am still SOO excited about my dress!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Check: DRESS! (some dress store reviews also)

• estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!!  Congrats!  That is so awesome!  Any Pics!!??
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!! I got my dress from Stylish Impressions too, just ordered it Friday.  I LOVED it there, they were so nice, it was a very nice place, and plenty of dresses to try on!  I also checked out Mariella's and Bridal Bells in Berlin.  Mariella's was nice but they only had 2 dresses that fit my style and budget, which I found hard to believe.  What dress did you get?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I'm curious to see what the dress looks like!
  • cdbishopcdbishop member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Great check!
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the awesome check!! Any pics to share?
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  We'd love to see pics!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for stylish impressions!!!  I got my dress there and the girl helping me made me feel like I was just the most beautiful bride she'd ever seen!  can't wait to go back and visit my dress!  congrats on the check!!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! The dress is my favorite "check" so far :) sounds like you are very pleased with your decision!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! That is such a fun check!! Nice reviews on dress shoping as well!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Stylish Impressions too! I love that place! We also got our BM dress and my mother got her dress there as well! Olivia was my consultant and she is fantastic. I can't say enough wonderful things about that store. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Hope the reviews were helpful.  I dont have any pictures right now, but I have to go back and get measured, etc.  Hope to get some then!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards