Arizona-Tucson

Stillwell House

Hi ladies! I got engaged over a year ago. We put planning on hold, as we decided to buy a house first! Well, we are set to close next month, so now I am beginning to think about the wedding =) I havent actaully looked at any places but I am in love with the stillwell house (just looking online). I am planning for next august, but wanted to know what other ladies have experianced? I am also trying to get an idea of pricing...not really wanting to spend more than 5000-hopefully it's doable. Otherwise if anyone else has any other suggestions on other places plz let me know! Thanks.

Re: Stillwell House

• rleon78rleon78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! I'm actually getting married there this November and could share with you my experience so far.  I absolutely fell in love with the location and the convience of having my ceremony and reception there.  I'm have a wedding of about 100 guest  for about $5000 (all the menu selections have not been selected)   
    I'm now only about 3 months away from my wedding and really wish I would of gone with another vender.  The lack of communication from the Stillwell House is so frusterating.  Whenever I call, I never speak with someone, I can only leave a message and wait for someone to call me back.  Which can be frusterating when I have a question and call on my lunch break. 
    When we have gone to sign the contract or make a payment I always feel rushed. They seem to overbook appoinments, either I'm left waiting or someone else is waiting for my appointment to be over. 
    The price of the menu changed, which I understand due to costs going up but a heads up or a curtesy call or letter would of been nice.  The money aspect of a wedding is stressful so it would of been nice to be told the changes rather than just spring it on me when I go and make a payment.
    I learned really fast the the Stillwell House is a wedding mill and I really don't feel like my wedding day is so special there.  I hope you have better luck. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the repsonse! Well I am really sorry to hear that! Hmmm well I am planning to go to the open house on the 21st to check it out. I am also thinking of just doing a ceremony there and then having the recpetion at our house...budget friendly! lol I am already stressed just thinking about all of it! Congrats and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_stillwell-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:60Discussion:b5bd8287-f0a4-4d60-b01b-48bd0784125fPost:52d2a75b-5426-4242-ab5a-e527f8f1dbc3">Re: Stillwell House</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!!! I'm actually getting married there this November and could share with you my experience so far.  I absolutely fell in love with the location and the convience of having my ceremony and reception there.  I'm have a wedding of about 100 guest  for about $5000 (all the menu selections have not been selected)    I'm now only about 3 months away from my wedding and really wish I would of gone with another vender.  The lack of communication from the Stillwell House is so frusterating.  Whenever I call, I never speak with someone, I can only leave a message and wait for someone to call me back.  Which can be frusterating when I have a question and call on my lunch break.  When we have gone to sign the contract or make a payment I always feel rushed. They seem to overbook appoinments, either I'm left waiting or someone else is waiting for my appointment to be over.  The price of the menu changed, which I understand due to costs going up but a heads up or a curtesy call or letter would of been nice.  The money aspect of a wedding is stressful so it would of been nice to be told the changes rather than just spring it on me when I go and make a payment. I learned really fast the the Stillwell House is a wedding mill and I really don't feel like my wedding day is so special there.  I hope you have better luck. 
    Posted by rleon78[/QUOTE]

When you say for $5,000 your total price with food, ceremony/reception site fee, etc? Sorry for prying, but I'm looking at different venues and as of now limited on time, so when I see this sort of info I jump on it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I would have to agree with the above posts. I put down a deposit in February for my wedding in October 2012 and I am actually considering going with another option and just sucking it up on the lost $1000 deposit. Whenever I have called to ask questions I get a machine and have to leave a message. In my experience it has taken several days to get a response. I sent an email to them several months ago and have not yet heard anything back. I will say that the place is beautiful. It has a courtyard area, a cantina and a large main house. It is definitley pretty but the lack of communication kind of sucks.
  • edited December 2011

I had my reception at The Stillwell House July 2nd.  I would agree that there was difficulty getting ahold of them, however I think they prioritize based on how far out your wedding is.  Even though, as brides, we are anxious to hammer out all the details, they are prioritizing our weddings based on the date. 

Although they were hard to reach, they always called back or emailed back and they completely came through on the day of.  The set up was exactly as I had mapped out for them and every detail on the set up and decor was perfect.

Also, everyone at our wedding said that the meal they ate was the best food they had ever had at a wedding.

I would use them again, but I wish I had some way of knowing they would pull through so well in the end when I was in the planning process and freaked out by the difficultly in getting ahold of them.

• rleon78rleon78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yup!! It will be about $5000. for everything.  It will probably be more just because I'm going to select some appetizers for my cocktail hour.  I think it is less expensive during the summer months too.

• edited December 2011
    My sister for married at the Stillwell HOuse October 1, 2011.  She booked 3 months before the wedding.  They were very helpful in a lot of different places.  The food was great, the set up was great.  The only thing that sucked, was they lost part of the sand ceremony  glasses.  And for the wedding the switched up the colors, even though my sister left specific instructions!!  Overall we had a great experience though.  HOpe this can help some
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards