Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Registry?

Ive been seeing alot of people mention registering for their shower on here. Where do you register and what do you register for? I'm the first of my friends and family to get married and have never been to a bridal shower so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

Re: Bridal Shower Registry?

• loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most register at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond....

Here's a link that might help you: http://wedding.theknot.com/online-wedding-registry.aspx

If you already live with FI, you can choose item upgrades (new coffee maker, bedspread, shower items, etc)

The little registry card or registry information is inserted with the bridal shower invitation, not the wedding invitation. Those that have a wedding website also put their registry information (name of store and registry number).

We registered at Bed Bath & Beyond, they were very helpful there, guided us and helped choose the fine china.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm registered at JC Penney and William and Sonoma.  Did it all online instead of going to the stores. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    so its your regular wedding registry? not a special bridal shower one?
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of anyone who has made a special bridal shower registry.  It's just the couple's wedding registry.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My experience is that the same registry (ies) cover the wedding and showers (if you have one). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having a bridal shower OR a wedding shower, or both?
    I'm in an area where the bridal shower is very different from the wedding shower.

Most girls have only the wedding shower, and yes, the guests use the regular wedding registry for shower gifts.

But if you are having a bridal shower, where the gifts would be for the bride alone, you could give some suggestions to your mom and your MOH, and if the RSVPs aren't going to the MOH, you could give some suggestions to the RSVP person to answer questions when people RSVP.  I have not heard of a bride registering separately for the bridal shower.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:f6855e91-20ee-4cf1-8e6a-47936e9ad13ePost:95f3fe46-6e7e-4dc1-a3d3-bbd96c4470d5">Re: Bridal Shower Registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know of anyone who has made a special bridal shower registry.  It's just the couple's wedding registry.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.. DH and I just registered during our engagement and those registries were bought off of for my bridal shower and for wedding gifts that people purchased or had sent to the house. I've never heard of people doing a separate registry for the bridal shower and then for the wedding. Just register for things you and your FI will need to start your new home.. whether it be a new dish set, pots & pans, new towels and sheets, kitchen gadgets such as cooking utensils, an espresso machine, coffee grinder, barware, blender, microwave, vacuum, etc.. once you go to a place to register, they usually have a list of things that they suggest you register for. You definitely don't need to register for everything on the list, but use it as a guide and see what off of it are things you may need for your home.

DH and I registered at BBB, Target, and Crate & Barrel. And if we could go back and do it all over again, we would have skipped Target since most of the stuff we had on there could have been found at BBB and those registries were cleaned out, but Crate & Barrel was barely touched and that's where all our favorite stuff was.
  • edited December 2011
    You don't register just for your shower, you register in time for your shower.  It's your regular wedding registry but just take care of it probably at least a month before your shower.  

All showers are different, so the only thing you should expect is to open presents.  
  • ABCDEF1702ABCDEF1702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, if people buy you a gift from your registry for your shower, does that mean that they don't have to buy you a wedding gift? Or is anyone invited to your shower obligated to buy you something for both the shower and the wedding? That seems like a lot of people who have to give you two gifts.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:f6855e91-20ee-4cf1-8e6a-47936e9ad13ePost:d9736602-08df-4e4b-9983-41f6b1efbb8b">Re: Bridal Shower Registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, if people buy you a gift from your registry for your shower, does that mean that they don't have to buy you a wedding gift? Or is anyone invited to your shower obligated to buy you something for both the shower and the wedding? That seems like a lot of people who have to give you two gifts.
    Posted by ABCDEF1702[/QUOTE]

Nobody  has to buy you any gifts at all, or even two gifts, but most people will. The point of a bridal shower is to "shower the bride with gifts". In some areas, people just the entire wedding gift and give it at the shower, other areas give a physical gift from the registry for the shower and money for the wedding, and other people give a gift for each.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards