African American Weddings

Update on the in-laws

So I had mentioned that my FI wrote a note to his parents telling them that he is his own man and he loves me and despite what they say he is going to marry me. He told them how much he loved them and wished at all together we can be close without any drama.

When he got home from work today there was a note in his mailbox from his parents. He read it on skype with me. His mom wrote the note and she said that she loves him and she can see that he is his own man and yes it is time for him to start his own family and she wishes us the best and she will love us both. She said she will try her best to keep her personal issues with me aside and if she ever says too much or gets out of hand without realizing then to remind her of her the letters because she plans to keep his to read every now and then.

I was so happy, my FI was just bawling tears of joy. I will be going to Belgium in a couple weeks and I am hoping to spend more face to face time with his mom. I am hoping one day I can make her lunch and she and I can just have girl time. I feel intemidated with his dad around and it will be nice to just be with his mom so we can talk. I'm so happy that they took his letter in a positive way and I really hope things can stay positive for a long time. In the letter she said it was really nice of us to invite them to come to California for the wedding, but they never said if they would come or not.
Photobucket
"Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
Janae & Olivier

Anniversary

Re: Update on the in-laws

• edited December 2011
    Thank goodness his mom has had a moment of clarity and change of heart. I hope things continue to get better for you all.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is great news, and hopefully a step in the right direction!

• edited December 2011
    Glad she's coming to her senses!!  Best of luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies. You all have been great and very supportive.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad things are looking up for the two of you.
  • edited December 2011
    One day at time. Glad things are getting better.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wonderful news! I pray she keeps up with the positive thoughts & optimism! 

BTW, I think you're an amazing woman for still being willing to try and build bridges with these people after all they've put you through. :)
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad things are working out for you.  This is great news!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a great start for her. I'm glad things are working out a little better.
  • edited December 2011

So happy to hear things are turning around for you.:0)
  • edited December 2011
    This is a GREAT start - so proud of your FI.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Glad to hear this...if you believe in prayer, just continue to pray for God to open their hearts and minds and to give them a spirit of love and acceptance rather than judgement. Your FI had to have gotten his awesomeness from somewhere...maybe it is just buried deep within his folks. LOL...
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • DanielleB80DanielleB80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_update-laws?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c5e55888-f21b-4d1c-8b88-447594b0888ePost:7c2ee568-a56b-4696-a82c-5aa690611b99">Re: Update on the in-laws</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wonderful news! I pray she keeps up with the positive thoughts & optimism!  BTW, I think you're an amazing woman for still being willing to try and build bridges with these people after all they've put you through. :)
    Posted by amberlynned[/QUOTE]

DITTO!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards