Tennessee

Weight loss motivation?

My wedding date is set for April 23rd and I need to lose 60 lbs. =\
I have PCOS and some of the symptoms of PCOS is rapid weight gain, facial and arm hair.
I feel gross.
I don't feel pretty and I just recently went to a wedding and the bride was GORGEOUS! 
I want everyone to think that about me, and I want to feel good about myself and look awesome in my wedding dress and on my wedding night. without a ton of Spanx. 
Any ideas? 
Any thoughts?

I could use anything. :)

Re: Weight loss motivation?

• cgeithmancgeithman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been struggling with this too, although my wedding is a bit more than a year away.

It's helped me to put pictures of myself at a smaller size on my bathroom mirror, along with motivating quotes: "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" or whatever.

What's been most helpful for me though is just to find a routine that works. I've got several DVDs I really enjoy and I make appointments with myself to excercise, and schedule days "off" where I can eat whatever I want and I give myself permission to lay around all day on the couch!!

And I ONLY weigh myself on Mondays. Otherwise you obsess and that's no good.
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll look great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RikkiD16RikkiD16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know how you feel 1000%!!!! My wedding is in 96 days and I feel like a whale.  I have recently started doing a walking video in the mornings before work and Zumba in the evenings and my clothes already feel different. I haven't gotten on a scale yet. I know it's because I'm too scared to. Also, I track my food at www.sparkpeople.com which is helping me alot because I refrain from mindless eating because I don't want to have to track it. As for the rapid hair growth...I use Veet hair remover almost every 3-4 days on my arms and I either pluck every other day on my face at night when I wash my face. It's tedious but for now it's working. Hopefully, this will give you some ideas. I wish you the best!!!

• edited December 2011

My problem with my weight is that I eat too much and I don't stop when I'm full.  It helps to remember that FOOD is FUEL and nothing else.  You have to decide to stop eating when you get full.  Exercise is a great way to maintain weight, but nutrition is definitely key to losing it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • clark45clark45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I joined a gym that had the Les Mills classes for free with the membership
    http://www.lesmills.com/global/bodypump/about-bodypump.aspx

Body Pump and Body Flow are the two that I went to the most

It became addicting, it also helped that I had a friend who went with me. I also started watching more of my portion sizes. I didn't really even have to diet and eat certain foods or anything...just looking at portion sizes and going to the gym classes 3-4 times a week helped me! I lost between 30-40 lbs in 3 months...

Www.natureswonder.photoreflect.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards