New Jersey

Ideas for a unique wedding venue! Help!

We are lookign for a unique or cool wedding venue. We are getting married in December. Anyone know, planning or had a unique venue?
So far we fell in love with Stone House and just recently the Somerset Palace, Gatbsy room.
We are also having a small wedding 50-90 people. I want my wedding to be just as special as a wedding of 300 people. Any ideas? I would love them all.

Re: Ideas for a unique wedding venue! Help!

• edited December 2011
    The consensus around here seems to be that the Stone House doesn't have very good food or service, especially for the price.  Many people rave about the Palace but I'm not sure if they would have a higher minimum number - have you spoken to them?  Congrats on your engagement, I saw your other thread and I hope that the happiness of a wedding brings joy to you and your family.
  • xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH & I got married at Meadow Wood Manor in Randolph in January. Was gorgeous for a winter wedding :)  I think they need a minimum of 100 tho. I'd also recommend The Manor in West Orange or the Madison Hotel.

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck to you!

The Grand Summit Hotel- we selected and loved! Their winter wedding pics are amazing.
    http://grandsummit.com/socialevents/index.cfm

The Madison Hotel- Have you looked at The Conservatory? Pretty and good for a small crowd- just walk away and they will call you with a dropped price- they did to us!

Liberty House

Florham Park CC

The Stroudmour  http://www.stroudsmoor.com/blueinner.cfm?siteId=425&itemCategory=40417&priorId=0

The Park Savoy http://www.theparksavoy.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!

We just got married last weekend at the Morris Museum in Morristown, NJ. Everyone loved the venue and thought it was so cool and different!!

Hope this helps!
    The Soon-To-Be Thomas Family Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dina, you got married at the Museum? I didn't know that was possible, that's so cool!

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ideas-unique-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0bf4b098-0b8c-4853-aeb1-baf9728fca68Post:4f4d7a22-daa6-4d43-a920-ccc3aa9d5856">Re: Ideas for a unique wedding venue! Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The consensus around here seems to be that the Stone House doesn't have very good food or service, especially for the price.  Many people rave about the Palace but I'm not sure if they would have a higher minimum number - have you spoken to them?  Congrats on your engagement, I saw your other thread and I hope that the happiness of a wedding brings joy to you and your family.
    Posted by eleven29[/QUOTE]

I think Stone House is out. Yes, it is very pretty but way too expensive.
    We went to the Palace yesterday and we were shown two rooms. I loved them both.
  • edited December 2011
    A wedding at a museum! Very cool.
  • HCrimson08HCrimson08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH My gosh the Morris Museum is such a great I dea!!!!!!!!   I absolutely love that building as a whole historically and just how georgous it is!
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Newark museum, as well.  My photographer did a wedding there and it looked so eclectic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Can anyone provide some more info about the Morris Museum? Capacity, price pp, etc? Looks beautiful and I've heard great things about their events.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards