Oklahoma

Cabin Wedding - Parking Issues

Hi all,
It seems we have come to somewhat of a problem regarding the parking for our wedding.  We are having the wedding at a cabin that is up a long narrow driveway (that is uphill, I might add).  There is really nowhere at the location for guests to park, and the driveway is owned by an elderly lady, and we have been asked to not park along the sides of the driveway.

The owner of the cabin has offered us an area around 1/4 a mile away from the actual location, which is wonderful.  However, it is too far to request that guests walk the entire way, especially for those in heels or who are elderly, so we would like to offer some sort of transportation for the guests to get from the parking area to the ceremony and reception site (same location.)  At first we'd thought about asking my uncle to drive either a rented or borrowed van to shuttle guests, however decided that he would not be able to enjoy our wedding for having to take so many guests back and forth.  

I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who has had to deal with major wedding parking issues, and through what means you were able to park your guests and transport them to your wedding location.  We are on a tight budget, as we are both still in college and paying mostly ourselves with some help from our parents.  Any ideas or suggestions?
Let's Drink Coffee, Darling
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cabin Wedding - Parking Issues

• Check with the city council, or city hall. They might have suggestions for the area!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards