Favors
Options

Favours

Does there have to be favours? I haven't seen any that I like, and am unsure if I will ever.

So i guess the questions are; do I have to have favours?, What did you do for favours?
<*>My Blog<*> Updated Sept. 20 My BFP Chart
Started TTC July 2010 ~ Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism April 2011 ~ BFP 5.10.11 EDD 1.16.12
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Favours

• Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No.  Favors are certainly not necessary.

I did a candy buffet instead of traditional favors and it seemed to be a hit. Plus, now I have the decorative apothecary jars as decor in our house.
  • Options
    LarissaAnnLarissaAnn member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have favors at all.  It's totally not necessary.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't need them.  Most get left behind anyway.  Spend your money elsewhere.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You don't need them. One thing you might want to look into is making a donation to a cause as your favor. I have seen this done before where the bride and groom donate an amount to their favorite charity and then they leave a thank-you note at each place setting that thanks the guest for coming and informs them that a donation has been made to that charity in their name. It gives the guest a nice feeling to know that it went to a good cause.
    Be careful, though, not to choose something that would be very controvercial, such as donating to stem cell research or something like that. Right now, donating to Haitian Relief would be a cause that people would be comfortable with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Favors are not at all necessary.  They are just a nice "extra" if you happen to have the resouces and a good idea.  Edible favors seems to be the favorite.  My DD and SIL had a scratch off lottery ticket and a penny in an envelope at each place.  The guests enjoyed it but I wouldn't exactly call it a favor.

I would think long and hard about making a donation and then leaving a note for the guests as a pp suggested.  This comes off as very AW....."Oh, look at me, I made a donation to my favorite charity (and I get a tax write-off) and now I'm going to try to make people think I did it for them."  Many guests, myself included, want to choose which charity they make a donation to.  Everyone has the favorite charity and as good as someone's may be, someone may be personally opposed to that charity. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards