• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
November 2011 Weddings

Favor help.....

I'm getting married 11/11/11 and I have no idea what to do favor wise....I dont really have a theme nor can I make my mind up on colors! i need some inspiration! What are some of you ladies doing for wedding favors?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favor help.....

• I am actually still searching.  At first I was going to do truffles, but then I thought I would rather have something people can keep for a long time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • I was thinking of something food or snack related at first too but the venue is offering a hugh dessert selection and will aldo bag up cake as take homes so I figured something that could be "saved" as well....but I'm still stuck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am doing homemade hot chocolate mix with mini marshmellows and putting it into a mason jar.  I havent decided how I am going to decorate the mason jar quite yet.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I thought we had chosen our favor - it was a claddagh letter opener (since I'm Irish, lol) but we keep saying that maybe we would get something else not food related. I have no idea right now, I did like the candy apples being that it's fall but who knows.
  • I'm doing caramel apples.  However, I prefer the red candy apples, but my colors are purple and brown, so caramel is more appropriate. 

Where are you getting married? You might want something that is related to venue, town, state, etc.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like the idea of the candied or caramel apples too and even the hot cocoa but the FI said "well what if everyone doesnt like/drink it".....needless to say I had an "i dont care what they do with it" moment....lol. We are having our ceremony and reception in the ballroom of a restuarant...

I really need to get my girls colors and dresses straight, maybe that will make the favor picking easier!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "I like the idea of the candied or caramel apples too and even the hot cocoa but the FI said "well what if everyone doesnt like/drink it""

Not everyone likes matches, votive candles, and little bags of chocolate either. Wink  Go with what YOU like.  Keep this in mind with all aspects of your wedding...you are not going to please everyone.  Do what you and your FI like/want, it's your day after all.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I totally agree with HelloKatie.  While you are planning your wedding only think about you guys and what you want.  If you try to please everyone you will be disappointed and end up regreting it.  I did the hot chocolate mix because one of my colors are brown and its sooo cheap.  its really coca and sugar mixed.  I wanted something cheap for the reason that not everyone will like it or drink it so then i know i didnt spend much if they dont use it.  But im sure everyone knows someone that will drink it :)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • HaylaCHaylaC member
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Comments
    edited July 2010
    our wedding has (accidently) ended up having a bit of a second theme of yorkshire-  where we live.  Its mainly from the food and drink, we're doing a carvery, having local ales and ciders for drinks etc so my favours are going to be miniture pots of local chutneys and jams

ETA: i was at first going to do a chocolate and sprinkle coated version of toffee apples, as i love that idea as favours too, but my H2B didnt like it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards