African American Weddings

So I am hell bent

On having centerpieces like this but smaller and in three's in the center of the tables. So those black candlestick holders are a BEAST TO FIND and when I found them...EXPENSIVE as hell...soooooo the google God's and my proximity to Angola Prison (where the inmates make stuff out of wood like you would never BELIEVE!) I thought about finding unfinished wooden candlestick holders and found this site http://www.cdwood.com/Candle-Cups-s/118.htm
I am going to order the 6 3/4 in, 9 in and 11 in candlestick holders and paint them black with Krylon spray paint. Looks like my first DIY is coming up soon!!!

Re: So I am hell bent

• Lol you go girl
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Make it happen!!! My first thought was spray paint
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Yep! This is awesome and honestly this could be what they did as well! Go on Case!!!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Watch out for drips with the spray paint
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maybe you can buy the candle sticks from dollar tree and spray paint. Or do they have to be wood ?
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • thedivavthedivav member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    Wood is good so the paint will adhere to it Oh and lightly sand the wood down to make sure it's smooth And then wipe it down with a damp cloth Let that dry then spray paint them Make sure sure you are in a well ventilated area
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • These are exactly what I want as well & they are stupid expensive! Thanx 4 the post b/c I'm sooo stealing this idea & putting my BP to work since they've been DYING to help lol :) YAY!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • now this is the bizzle.  how many you gone need?

don't forget the face mask and ring removal.
  • Me likey!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • In Response to Re:So I am hell bent:[QUOTE]Watch out for drips with the spray paint Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! These ate unfinished wood so they are ready to be painted. I use krypton paint to paint my daughters dance shoes for recitals and let me tell you I got this down to a science!!!

Mask
    Gloves
    Plastic
    Ventilation
    Check check check!!
  • In Response to Re:So I am hell bent:[QUOTE]Maybe you can buy the candle sticks from dollar tree and spray paint. Or do they have to be wood ? Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]

Wood would be better
  • In Response to Re:So I am hell bent:[QUOTE]Wood is good so the paint will adhere to it

Oh and lightly sand the wood down to make sure it's smooth
    And then wipe it down with a damp cloth
    Let that dry then spray paint them
    Make sure sure you are in a well ventilated area Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

Got ya!!! You are the bomb!!
  • In Response to Re:So I am hell bent:[QUOTE]These are exactly what I want as well amp; they are stupid expensive! Thanx 4 the post b/c I'm sooo stealing this idea amp; putting my BP to work since they've been DYING to help lol : YAY!!! Posted by ladycane015[/QUOTE]

This will cost ya!!!! Lol
  • In Response to Re:So I am hell bent:[QUOTE]now this is the bizzle.nbsp; how many you gone need?don't forget the face mask and ring removal. Posted by sultryzulu[/QUOTE]

For all three the price is 7.50 and I'm doing it on my special tablecloth tables so 75 for all of them!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_so-i-am-hell-bent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5f1b0753-bf0e-4543-9f20-2c0271fac4fcPost:ade561aa-e555-4f65-b74d-24f81f6a81af">Re:So I am hell bent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:So I am hell bent: Got ya!!! You are the bomb!!
    Posted by CaseynMike[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>no problem girl... happy DIYing :) </div><div>i love doing crafts </div><div>
    </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards