Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

gifts for MOB and MOG???

are we supposed to get gifts for the mothers? is that customary?

Re: gifts for MOB and MOG???

• Options
    It's fairly traditional, but I would say you definitely need to if they are paying.  Even if they are not, a sentimental "thanks for the lifelong support" kind of gift is nice.
  • Options
    I definitely would.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    we're giving both sets of our parents wedding albums once we get our pro photos back.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I don' think it is necessarily "required" in all situations, but I certainly plan to.
  • Options
    Its nice too, but not a requirement.  And this is an issue where you will get mixed reactions  as to how nice of a gift, and if it should be dependent on financial contributions.  My parents paid for most of our wedding, and we paid the rest.  H's parents our divorced, and neither are in the position to help.  I met FIL the night before our wedding.  MIL really showed no interest in our wedding, and H considers his grandma more of a mom than her.  But, to be polite, we gave my parents and MIL the same silver album at our RD.  We didn't do any albums from our photog, so we just bought them nice albums they can fill on their own.  (FIL wasn't at RD, we didn't get him anything).

We wanted to get my parents nice gifts to thank them, so we bought my mom a gold breacelt with amethysts, and my dad an engraved gold money clip.  We gave them these gifts privately before the RD, so there were no hard feelings for MIL.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards