New York-Western

Rochester photo locations

Hi Rochester Brides! Where are you all doing your pictures? We want to do ours outside and don't want to have to pay a fee. We'd love to go to a place where we can do some "nature" shots but also have some architecture mixed in there. I was thinking Cobbs Hill Park but wanted some other ideas! We will have time to do some at our reception site, but wanted ideas for in between the church and reception. Thanks!!!!
Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!

Re: Rochester photo locations

• spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cobbs Hill would be nice, as would Highland Park (maybe around the Highland Bowl?) I'm planning on doing all my pictures at the reception site (Casa Larga) but we have e-pics coming up and I've been brainstorming for those! There's also Durand Eastman Park, or along the river (I promise you can get a few good shots that take your eyes off the murky water, lol).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • MsAlphaBee123MsAlphaBee123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spenet - Has some Great ideas! (Make sure you check with Highland Park first-- I think you are "supposed" to pay a fee to take formal wedding or e-pics in the park --I think it is less than $150) btw... Casa Larga is amazing-- your wedding will be stunning-and pics to die for- (I had prom and Senior Ball there wayyy back in HS) 

Also Try GVP (Genesee Valley Park)- or Ellison Park
    or anyplace along the Erie Canal (Schoen Place in Pittsford has some cute places-bridges, docks, shops, railroad tracks) or even by the village of Fairport Lift Bridge could be out-doors/nature like but with architecture

Good Luck! 

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I love those ideas.

Casa Larga will be beautiful!! We also had our senior ball there. Soo pretty!
    Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RaeMack, I had heard about fees in Highland Park, but I always thought they were just for the lilac arches and Sunken Gardens area (which I KNOW there's a fee for). But it's worth looking into!

Schoen Place is a good suggestion...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • PujandCCPujandCC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mt. Hope Cemetary is also awesome for pictures, there is beautiful grounds there without any tombstones of course :)
    Crystal
  • edited December 2011
    Yup - there is also a "castle" at Mt Hope that makes a great background and dorrway adn arch pictures.

Also, I have seen very cool pics from Charlotte Beach, the beach, the pier, and the carousel.

Your photographer probably has some great ideas too :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards