Wedding Etiquette Forum

Invitation Wording - Reception Parking

Hi ladies -
Long time lurker, but I finally have a question for you all that I haven't seen asked and answered already.

Our reception is at a hotel in downtown St. Louis, and so parking is obviously restricted.  We are paying per car for valet for reception guests, but we have many out of town guests who will already be staying at the hotel, and therefore their cars will be there overnight and such.  The wedding coordinator there suggested putting on the invitations something like "Complimentary valet parking is available for reception guests (excluding overnight)", but I'm trying to find a more eloquent way of saying that.  How would you feel about the statement "Complimentary valet parking is available for the duration of the reception"?  Does it get the point across in a non-offensive manner?  Other suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!
BabyFruit Ticker
Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!

Re: Invitation Wording - Reception Parking

• I would leave it at "Complimentary valet parking is available for guests".

Those who are staying at the hotel will not need to drive and therefore already be at the location.
  • I agree with Opal.  Your rewording sounds fine.

imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_invitation-wording-reception-parking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0b321b6b-b5f1-4f02-a2b2-ca5f4ec161e9Post:450d409a-9c61-44fa-98e1-46da03bc3c51">Re: Invitation Wording - Reception Parking</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would leave it at "Complimentary valet parking is available for guests". Those who are staying at the hotel will not need to drive and therefore already be at the location.
    Posted by schlagetermari[/QUOTE]

Well, they kinda will be re-arriving because the ceremony is not at the hotel......  Sorry, should've specified that!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • can you do a shuttle from the hotel to the ceremony for those staying at the hotel?
  • also, some hotel garages offer in and out privledges....
  • Another thing you might be able to do, if you have a wedding website, is to inform your guests there about parking overnight.  That way the reception invitation informs all the guests of the free valet, but the people staying in the hotel can see about the costs and such associated with overnight parking.

imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Calypso - Shuttle is not financially feasible because about 150 people from our invite list are from out of town.  I checked how much it would cost to rent a couple big buses - ouch.  I'll have to check on the in and out privileges though, because I don't remember.

Heartx - I do have the overnight parking info on my website.  I just hope people read it!  I've already had family call asking how to book rooms even though our website was on our STD and the website has the link to the room block.....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That sounds fine. I did something similar, except our reception isn't at the hotel, so I didn't have the problem you do. It said something like, "self-parking is available at the ceremony venue and complimentary valet parking is available at the reception venue." I put it on a "travel and accomodations" card, along with hotel block information (and shuttle info, since I'm doing that) and inserted it into the invitations.

I really don't foresee your guests assuming you'll be covering all their parking while they're a hotel guest, though.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards